Camera App Crashing

stoogefandave

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having a problem with the camera application crashing after using ?Panorama Shot??

Last night I took three two-shot panorama pictures and after that, every time I tried to take a picture, it would focus and when I depressed the camera button fully, it would return to the home screen and not capture the picture. It also did this any time I hit the button to change to video mode. I restarted the phone and then everything acted normally again, allowing me to take pictures and video. I took another panoramic photo and then tried to take a regular photo or video (I can?t remember which one) and the phone restarted. I?m wondering if there is a bug in the camera application related to panorama shot. There was an app update that I noticed on Wednesday. I believe it was titled ?Camera Modes?, but I?m not quite sure what it affected since I only used the camera one or two times prior to last night.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just tried the panorama mode and no crashes here stoogefandave. Tried switching to all the different modes, video, stills etc and had no crashes.

I think the camera modes update added the burst photo setting.

Anything specific you want me to try for you ?

Last edited:

stoogefandave

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't reproduce the problem today. Last night, I was at my son's orchestra concert. I turned off the ringer, set screen brightness to low, and turned off the flash and face detection. The only thing different from last night was the lighting (dark room with stage lights) and distance (about 30' from subjects). Maybe it was a one-time problem.

daylater

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I had 2 very serious camera issues tonight:

1. Phone froze completely and then restarted itself after "attempting" to use panorama mode.
- I say attempting because I was unsuccessful each time I tried. First 2 shots worked well, then while moving the camera to position the last shot I would get an error, followed by a crash.

2. The camera flash completely stopped working.
- I was near a beach and it was very dark. I was 100% unable to trigger the flash even when setting in to always on.

the only consistent factors I could think of are; very low lighting, and low battery power.
Its kinda lame to disable the flash when the battery is low, especially if I set the flash to always on... I should have the control no matter what right?

anyone else experiencing these types of issues? Or do I have a bunk phone?

windows-chick99

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
My camera flash wouldn't go off either I had low battery as well but still irritating considering it worked when I did force led light during a video. Glad it's not just me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss