Just to make sure....

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
In settings, under ringtones and sounds, turn vibrate off. Then it's ringtone, or silent.

Sent from my {Samsung Focus} using Board Express

chrome14

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
You can turn ringer to silent using volume rocker- Lower to zero, and you will see the bell / slash across. Silent mode.

Hmmm....when I lower my volume to 0, it goes into vibrate mode. I don't have a silent option. Unless I go into settings and turn off both ringer and vibrate. Then I see the bell with the slash across it.

Or just hit volume, then the bell, no need to lower all the way to zero first. (If you're in a rush) :D

Nice tip. Did not know you could tap the bell icon, but again when I do, it just goes into vibrate mode. No silent mode.

I am on AT&T so maybe the "straight to silent mode" is only on the international version?

Last edited:

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm....when I lower my volume to 0, it goes into vibrate mode. I don't have a silent option. Unless I go into settings and turn off both ringer and vibrate. Then I see the bell with the slash across it.

Nice tip. Did not know you could tap the bell icon, but again when I do, it just goes into vibrate mode. No silent mode.

I am on AT&T so maybe the "straight to silent mode" is only on the international version?

Straight-to-silent will happen when you turn off the vibrate setting under "ringtones+sounds" under the settings section. I just did this and it works for me.

chrome14

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Straight-to-silent will happen when you turn off the vibrate setting under "ringtones+sounds" under the settings section. I just did this and it works for me.

Ah! Thanks MannLou.

Still, I wish I could access "straight to silent" without having to turn off vibrate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa