Battery life is great until...

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I play games. It kills it so fast. It seems that leaving them running even drains the battery.

Yesterday, I unplugged @ 5pm @ 100%, played about 30 minutes of games, and then went about my business. It was at 30% by 10pm, and dead at 6:30am.

The games yesterday was Logic Games and Penguin. Today I played some Spell It! and I'm seeing some rapid battery killing too. I unplugged at 12pm and I'm at 82% less than 2 hours later. I played maybe 20 minutes during that time. Place a word then go to the desktop.

Usually I use <5% an hour.

Has anyone noticed the need to actually close games?

I realize this is a "no duh" type of problem, but with the rate of battery drain, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable playing while not near an electrical outlet.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yup games kill my battery too. I was disappointed because it seems so good otherwise

Sent from my HTC TITAN using Board Express

absolute_

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, I've been complaining about my batter since the beginning and not using any game might solve the problem. But I'd like to know if people who get good battery life don't use games. Might it be just a fault for few devices?

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't play any games and I get at least 2.5-3 days worth of usage. I'd consider myself an average user. Probably around 30 mins on the phone a day and constantly texting and emailing.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't play any games and I get at least 2.5-3 days worth of usage. I'd consider myself an average user. Probably around 30 mins on the phone a day and constantly texting and emailing.

One can only assume you are turning your phone on, using it, and turning it off...over 2 days on a charge?

I don't play games either, and I have seen longer life out of this than any Android or Iphone, but I still have to plug in at night...

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by "turning it off"? As in powering it down? I don't power down. I don't use my phone to stream music; the speaker is terrible for that. Like I mentioned I'm constantly texting, emailing and surfing the web. Right now it says I have 77% remaining battery life which estimates 1 day 11 hours remaining and 17hrs since my last charge.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Been running battery tests on my Surround every night the past month, with various scenarios (for an article I am working on) and my phone (typical WP) will burn about 12-13% in 7.5 hours with Data, WiFi and a few background tasks running. That's without turning the phone on. WiFi only represents about 2% of that number. So that's 24-25% in a typical 15 hour day, or about 36% in 24 hours, again assuming the phone is not turned on. With the Titan's larger battery, that equates to about 24% in 24 hours. So if you are getting 2-5/3 days, that does not leave much room for uptime, or screen on/talk time.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the screen has as much of an effect as people may think. Games in particular are just battery suckers (CPU/GPU).

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Either way I don't have any complaints with the battery. I get about the same battery life as I got w/ my iphone 4 and I was pretty happy with that.

Thamuz

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
My TITAN doesn't last very long either but I do play a lot of games. I keep telling myself to check how long it lasts without playing games but then I get bored on my train journey (I spend 2 hours on the train everyday) and I start playing again :p

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You can always kill the game running in the background. I played Flying Tiles for a few minutes yesterday to check it out and it was listed in my background tasks as on today. I always check that section and it saves me some resources. Something to consider if it hasn't been mentioned already.

danielm298

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
wow! for some reason my battery just started to drain. its been great ever since i got it: then just yesterday it started to get hot in my pocket, then i noticed that the battery life started to go bad. Has anyone else experienced this?

danielm298

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery life Update!!! 1-9-2012

i think i fixed my problem. Right now im at 49% at 7:33pm (est) i undocked the Titan at 625am. not many phones calls, alot of texting, 1 game for 15 mins, and 30 min drive using zune music...so this is what i did...i RESET the whole phone, yes i did. then reinstalled all my apps from the marketplace, and just reloaded me contacts using the cloud and google email list: so far so good...hope this helps

fleischer444

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I used my phone now for 19 hours and have 39% of the battery left. I have been using the phone ALOT and played for maybe an hour or so.

I just got the phone and I think the battery is outstanding for a phone with this screen size. When I had my sensation the battery wasnt even half this good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12