The HTC Titan is converting many over to WP7

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm a former iOS and Android enthusiast. I never thought I would even consider WP7 as an option but I'm totally sold. For many reasons which we all know, WP7 is an awesome platform and the Titan is an incredible device.

It's good to see two people (John Rettinger and Noah Kravitz) who I always thought of as authorities as far as mobile devices go switch over to the WP7 platform. It brings a smile to my face to see WP7 platform get glowing reviews.

I'm Switching to WIndows Phone. Yup, You Read That Right. - YouTube

jon4lakers's Channel - YouTube

BTW if anyone is hesitating to the a Titan.....just do it, you wont regret it.

JBenn911

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I made the jump too..after who knows how many years of crackberry use, with a 3 month break using iOS....had the Titan a bit now and love it and wp7...

littlesteelo16

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I consider mango to be the real launch of WP7. I never considered Windows Phone until the 2nd gen devices came out, and I realized Apple was going to keep progressing the iOS platform at a snails pace to squeeze as much money out of the sheeple as possible. I just decided to ditch Apple, and wasn't going to get involved with the spec pissing contest that is android.

I also think Nokia has a big part to play in this, mainly in Europe. The amount of advertising they have done has got people talking about Windows Phone, and encouraged HTC to start advertising their devices (at least in the UK). Samsung unfortunately seem to have ditched Europe, not really pushing the mediocre Omnia W.

I think 2012 is going to be the year for Windows Phone, and hopefully it will soon become a proper 3rd player in the phone race. But the amount of tech journalists switching shows that people are realizing that there is a better alternative out there, and a good sign of things to come.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I'm exactly like this guy. Huge phone nerd, had tons of Android devices, owned every one of the iPhones (currently have an iPad), been a Mac guy for 10 years, etc.

I simply can't go back to iOS as my primary phone device. I think iOS is great & all, simplistic & easy to use. But my God, its just soooo boring to me now after having owned a Windows Phone for 6 months (first the Focus, now Titan). And WP7 actually feels ALIVE, instead of just being rows upon rows of static app launches that just sit there doing nothing. And Android is just a bloated, fragmented ugly mess. I try to like it, but I just can't. Every new Android device I buy always ends in disappointment that I'm never satisfied with.

Sure, WP7 isn't perfect (I think they really need a notification center for instance), but there's no going back for me. Never thought I'd give this much praise about an MS product, but they've made the best mobile platform out there.

BTW, anyone who thinks I'm not being truthful about my past iOS/Apple fanboyism should check out my youtube page: peestandingup's Channel - YouTube

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope Verizon gets a wp7 with a 4.7 inch screen like the titan. I played with a galaxy nexus yesterday that has a 4.65 inch screen and I was really impressed with a screen that size.

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

joshuapingley#WP

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The Titan has converted me. It's the first Windows Phone device I felt the need to have. I had the iPhone 4 before and while I love iOS, I don't love it on a screen that is only 3.5" now that I have an iPad 2 lol.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The Titan didn't convert me but it sure made me feel I made the right decision after leaving iOS which I may start calling IOU-S. Apple was nickle-and-diming me to death and I had had enough. All fo that plus the fact that the Windows Phone platform is a true fresh approach to the mobile UI experience makes me happy to be in this camp.

Side note: I went into a brand new store by my house and convinced the staff and a potential Titan buyer to take the leap. I told the staff I understood they had to push the fruit and that they should include the delicious Mango offering as well.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
As has already been mentioned, Windows Phone TRULY launched with Mango. I had the Arrive and, while there were limitations by the software, I still enjoyed it far more than Android. I reached a point where I got so caught up in flashing my Android device with different ROMs that I actually stopped enjoying the phone. It was becoming work.

While I'm a HUGE tech geek and phone nerd, I finally decided to just dive in to WP. Haven't looked back and if MS keeps up the work they've done with the platform thus far, It'll eventually be a hit.

I think 2012 WILL be the year for WP. Especially with Nokia behind them. I also think the partnership Google has with Moto will eventually hurt that platform in concerns with their OEMs. Heck, MS just won a Patent decision, even if it is a small one, against Moto and they were suppose to provide more 'protection' from that sort of battle. HTC lost one as well.

WP 'JUST WORKS' and feels...fresh and clean. I'm okay being on the 'under dog' platform.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope Verizon gets a wp7 with a 4.7 inch screen like the titan. I played with a galaxy nexus yesterday that has a 4.65 inch screen and I was really impressed with a screen that size.

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

Reports I have heard are nothing but praise for the nexus. The screen was impressive because its a 720p screen. Amazing resolution crammed into a 4.65" screen. Have heard some great reviews about battery life as well. Light years ahead of the last android release. Its even bigger than the TITAN though and I am thinking that the TITAN is my limit for overall size.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo