Nokia Comments On Battery Performance

yloop

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm concerned they're missing the issue here. My maximum capacity states 1502 mAh however it barely lasts 12 hours.

I've turned most stuff off however I shouldn't have to, the phone works best when it's connected. No other phone is anywhere near as bad as this with faster processers, brighter screens and connectivity enabled. I'm really annoyed that I bought into the hype with this phone and then believed Nokia when they said a fix was coming. Except this fixes an issue that nobody had anyway and I'm out of the 2 week cooling off period with my network.

I moved from my iPhone because the battery wouldn't last a day with heavy use, this now won't last a day with very little use. I've sent about 4 texts today and searched for a restaurant around lunchtime and it's down to 53% - 5 hours since last charge and 5 hours remaining. 10 hours! if I don't use it anymore today. Wowsers!

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My Nokia is now 10 hours into its day and claims to be 65% charged with 867 MAh remaining based on a 1512 full charge.

I have everything turned on, not tweaked any of the time settings and have multiple push and standard email accounts chugging away.

Do not get me wrong I am not saying that the battery is good on the Nokia far from it especially when compared to my Omnia 7 which has a stonking battery life but it is not anywhere near as bad as yours, makes you wonder what is cuasing some to be so bad.

Last edited:

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I regularly get over 2 days since the update. I don't have many "always on" services and am on wifi/3G off most of the day, but it's still pretty good now - easily on par with my Mozart that had an 1800 mAh extended battery. I'm hoping the next battery update might take things up to 3 days on 1 charge!

The only annoyance is the "time remaining" estimate on the Battery Saver is pretty optimistic, and is entirely based on previous use rather than average use estimae (which would be way more useful). It can show I have a couple of hours left, but then I get a complete shutdown after 2 or 3 minutes use. If I left the phone alone for a couple of hours I'm sure it would last, but it's no use to me if I have to guess how much time I may have left for doing even light tasks like sending a few texts.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
A point worth noting that despite an overnight charge with the Nokia charger the charge was only at 1300 and not at 1500 as I would of expected (The diag tool seems to say 65555% all the time so not sure what purpose that has in life). If they could squeeze another 200 out of the battery that would make a considerable difference for me. It is not unusual for the battery saver to kick in around 10pm especially if I have been partaking in some fruit ninja goodness.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Charge is currently limited to 1300. The next battery update will bring in fast charging and up the capacity via software to 1450 (if I remember rightly)

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well guys...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I cannot get the diagnostics up on my phone.

I press the Call tile on my home screen.
I then press the 'keypad icon' at the bottom.
I then type

##634#

And as soon as I do the last hash, the digits disappear and the call button is greyed out.

Am I doing something wrong??
Anyone got a youtube vid? lol

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Charge is currently limited to 1300. The next battery update will bring in fast charging and up the capacity via software to 1450 (if I remember rightly)

That was my original understanding but I maybe I misunderstood what the latest statement said but it sort of implied they were happy with the current battery life.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well guys...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I cannot get the diagnostics up on my phone.

I press the Call tile on my home screen.
I then press the 'keypad icon' at the bottom.
I then type

##634#

And as soon as I do the last hash, the digits disappear and the call button is greyed out.

Am I doing something wrong??
Anyone got a youtube vid? lol
Here's one:

Nokia Lumia 800 hidden diagnostic tool demo - YouTube

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I haven't replied earlier... Xmas and all that.

Nope... the ##634# doesn't work for me.

It didn't work on the Lumia I had before from phones4u either.
I'm wondering if they've blocked it somehow :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos