Oh no not my Titan with random reboot.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
So it started last night. I installed Netflix and right in the middle of a tv show it reboots. I had been reading about other's experience here with reboots and doing a hard reset (Vol up, Vol dwn, Power) and starting from scratch. So I did that last night. Today it rebooted twice. Once when I was google searching and the other when I was using the USA Today app. I noticed with the USA Today App just as the app started and the headlines popped in but before I could see the background image come in bam reboot. So I uninstalled USA Today app to see if it was that. This is decerning.
For a good amount of time before this I had my nephew on the phone playing angry birds with no incident.
Do these reboots start infrequent and get worse?
Just a thought....I wonder with these Applications how strict or easy is Microsoft to approving them? Because if they are quick to get them out on the Marketplace just to build up the library without throughly testing of the Apps then this is a seriously issue.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
So it started last night. I installed Netflix and right in the middle of a tv show it reboots. I had been reading about other's experience here with reboots and doing a hard reset (Vol up, Vol dwn, Power) and starting from scratch. So I did that last night. Today it rebooted twice. Once when I was google searching and the other when I was using the USA Today app. I noticed with the USA Today App just as the app started and the headlines popped in but before I could see the background image come in bam reboot. So I uninstalled USA Today app to see if it was that. This is decerning.
For a good amount of time before this I had my nephew on the phone playing angry birds with no incident.
Do these reboots start infrequent and get worse?
Just a thought....I wonder with these Applications how strict or easy is Microsoft to approving them? Because if they are quick to get them out on the Marketplace just to build up the library without throughly testing of the Apps then this is a seriously issue.

Yes, they get worse. Mine was fatal (see thread 'TITAN DOA'. Unlikely to be app-related. My random reboots began within minutes of setup out-of the box. No apps downloaded at that point. Unlike amdroid- land, where apps routinely crash devices, windows phone apps seldom do this...and functioning Windows ohk es seldom (hardly ever crash) If yours is rebooting, it's the device that's bad rather than the apps. It's defective - take it back and swap for a new one.

DrKofi

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to turn my first focus in cause of this same problem. I tried everything to see if it was the OS or some firmware bug. But I just gave up after rebooting and updating like 10 times. My second Focus never had this problem.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Given the sandbox, apps shouldn't be capable of causing the phone to reboot. I have seen mine do an uninitiated reboot a handful of times but it is rare. Though I need a way to check uptime so I can confirm that.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Given the sandbox, apps shouldn't be capable of causing the phone to reboot. I have seen mine do an uninitiated reboot a handful of times but it is rare. Though I need a way to check uptime so I can confirm that.
I completely turned off SRS in sound enhancer and in battery saver selected the first option always turn on battery saver when battery is low. I just doing that to try it out.
I can understand the SRS for music but I didn't know that Video has SRS too, Thought that SRS was just for audio. Maybe there is a bad implementation of SRS?
I was pushing the phone hard last night with Netflix and other functions and it did well no reboots.

Kev- So the Apps run in an sandbox? Interesting so there is no need for antivirus for this phone?

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Not in the conventional sense, but as with the SMS thing, sometimes bugs exist.

I had a weird issue once where I wasn't able to make calls. Then it rebooted on its own and was fine. Hasn't done that particular thing more than once.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Up until a few nights ago I hadn't had any random reboots but I've now had 4 since Friday. This is ridiculous.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Last night I had my phone in my shirt pocket. Going home felt the phone vibrate and pulled phone out right away and saw the phone rebooting. I was good since my last posting on this. At this point seems the only help anyone will get is if your on the 1st 30 days to go back to where purchased phone get replacement or deal with HTC and get warranty repair. I going to see if it does again this week. I really like this phone and Mango hate to go back to smaller screen
Not sure what replacement to get another Titan or the flimsy back Focus or go to Android Motorola Atrix II. Decisions.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Return it and get a replacement. Reboots will get worse before they get better. In fact, they never get better sans an firmware update.

I can't take it back. I won it from a Microsoft Inner Circle event. I've been trying to get in touch with anyone from HTC and the people from Microsoft have been little/no help either. Not to mention the dead pixel and MMS problems I've had. I'm really getting turned off by this.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't take it back. I won it from a Microsoft Inner Circle event. I've been trying to get in touch with anyone from HTC and the people from Microsoft have been little/no help either. Not to mention the dead pixel and MMS problems I've had. I'm really getting turned off by this.

you're the second person in that situation to post here. One other poster (cannot remember which thread) won one at an event. The device had problems, and he couldn't get any help from anyone. He eventually arranged to send the device to HTC for diagnostics and repair..and this is where it turned yet another corner for him: HTC service location was only a few miles from his home, but they do not take drop- offs, so he had to mail the phone. USPS managed to LOSE bid phone, even though it had less than 10 miles to travel. I haven't seen another post from him...it may be that he is simply put of luck. Free devices are no prize when this happens. I'm sorry you're in the same boat...hope you fare better than he did in finding help.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
you're the second person in that situation to post here. One other poster (cannot remember which thread) won one at an event. The device had problems, and he couldn't get any help from anyone. He eventually arranged to send the device to HTC for diagnostics and repair..and this is where it turned yet another corner for him: HTC service location was only a few miles from his home, but they do not take drop- offs, so he had to mail the phone. USPS managed to LOSE bid phone, even though it had less than 10 miles to travel. I haven't seen another post from him...it may be that he is simply put of luck. Free devices are no prize when this happens. I'm sorry you're in the same boat...hope you fare better than he did in finding help.

I remember reading that. That's why I'm vary wary of what's going to happen. Plus they'll expect me to go without a phone for however long until it gets fixed since I don't have any other phone to place my sim card in. UGH. I hope it works out for me too lol

AnwarHussain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
HTC Titan

Oh Man..... ..., my HTC Titan phone random reboots a lot. Planning to return/exchange with another, i still have 10 days left.

Guys, can you suggest me any solution for this irritating bug?

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I keep reading articles about HTC having financial problems and it makes me wonder if they are cutting corners to reduce cost: HTC Plans Rebound With 4G Smartphones - Mobiledia

Which corners do you think they cut? Actually the Titan's camera, screen, and speaker are amazing for any device, but especially for an HTC device. They are known for scrimping in those three areas, but it seems they've gone all out on the Titan.

If you're referring to the random reboot issue, I don't think many people are experiencing it. All products have a certain number of defective units, and that number tends to be higher in the first batch that ships out.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Which corners do you think they cut? Actually the Titan's camera, screen, and speakers are quite amazing for HTC. They are known for scrimping in those three areas, but it seems they've gone all out on the Titan.

The European Titans seemed to be fine. The Titans in the states seem to have problems with muffled voice, signal issues and random rebooting. It just seems odd to me. A lot of people in the forums here have returned their Titans.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The European Titans seemed to be fine. The Titans in the states seem to have problems with muffled voice, signal issues and random rebooting. It just seems odd to me. A lot of people in the forums here have returned their Titans.

I'd return mine if I could. This is making me want to go back to iPhone...

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

The thing is, a lot of Titans are being sold and most people who have an issue will report it and look for answers. However, people who don't have any issues typically don't say a word in forums like this.

I'm pretty sure the muffled voice is a software issue because the mic works great when you do an audio recording and European owners running a different software build haven't been complaining. I'm betting it will be fixed with an update. For what it's worth, I haven't received any complaints from people I've called anyways.

I haven't experienced signal issues or rebooting either and I don't think these issues are widespread. I mean, only five to ten people have reported random reboots in these forums out of the thousands of Titan owners reading. Same with the signal issue. I've only seen a few people report it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb