I have to admit--I'm impressed.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
After all these months of bad-talking the Trophy, I have to say that I'm really impressed with the device. I had talked my sister into getting one the day they were released and I messed around on it every time I visited her. It was just alright. Mediocre camera. Mediocre screen. It just seemed...bleh. I then ended up winning a free Focus. Oh man, that screen was beautiful--and it seemed so much more lively than my sister's frumpy, old Trophy. However, today I got my Trophy in the mail (long story about why I got one; I'll save it for another post) and man am I blown away.

It is smaller than the Focus, but it feels better in the hand, too. I still don't care for the screen that much, but it isn't terrible. The biggest deal is that this Trophy doesn't seem dull or bland to me. I guess that really goes to show that Windows Phone does personalize itself to its user. It is now my contacts showing up. My last played song. My most used apps.

This is my first time to have a data plan on a Windows Phone and boy am I liking it! I can stream DJ Mixes or Pandora on the road (instead of having to download them before I go) and I actually thread my FB and texts, instead of just using it for FB chat. :p

All this time I was hating on the Trophy, but it just wasn't my Trophy.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
After all these months of bad-talking the Trophy, I have to say that I'm really impressed with the device. I had talked my sister into getting one the day they were released and I messed around on it every time I visited her. It was just alright. Mediocre camera. Mediocre screen. It just seemed...bleh. I then ended up winning a free Focus. Oh man, that screen was beautiful--and it seemed so much more lively than my sister's frumpy, old Trophy. However, today I got my Trophy in the mail (long story about why I got one; I'll save it for another post) and man am I blown away.

It is smaller than the Focus, but it feels better in the hand, too. I still don't care for the screen that much, but it isn't terrible. The biggest deal is that this Trophy doesn't seem dull or bland to me. I guess that really goes to show that Windows Phone does personalize itself to its user. It is now my contacts showing up. My last played song. My most used apps.

This is my first time to have a data plan on a Windows Phone and boy am I liking it! I can stream DJ Mixes or Pandora on the road (instead of having to download them before I go) and I actually thread my FB and texts, instead of just using it for FB chat. :p

Lol. Good stuff; glad you're enjoying your WP device. I'm in love w/ the Focus S and get so many people at work (Sprint) saying "oh why? omg, is it really that good?" because they know I don't stick around w/ one phone or platform too long... the phone part they got right, but I'm sticking w/ the platform.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Good stuff; glad you're enjoying your WP device. I'm in love w/ the Focus S and get so many people at work (Sprint) saying "oh why? omg, is it really that good?" because they know I don't stick around w/ one phone or platform too long... the phone part they got right, but I'm sticking w/ the platform.

How do you respond to them? Do you suggest the Arrive, or do you simply omit that? I've always felt bad about promoting the Trophy (seriously >8/10 of the people in my area have Verizon), but I guess all of that moot.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
How do you respond to them? Do you suggest the Arrive, or do you simply omit that? I've always felt bad about promoting the Trophy (seriously >8/10 of the people in my area have Verizon), but I guess all of that moot.
Since it's co-workers, I tell them the truth... I hate physical keyboards and would never use it as my primary.

I"ll tell customers I love WP, but I don't tell them I have it on AT&T. Customers don't usually go in to it with me as I'm a tech and not in the sales, so I don't have any convincing to do.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

And the chorus of angels sang "Halejula!"
There was rejoicing and much merriment!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

And the Trophy is basically a slightly thinner Surround (and without the slide out speaker). Still enjoying this phone. The Trophy is a fine device. No reason to make excuses for it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
How are you using Pandora? Through the browser? I have been awaiting a Pandora app and haven't seen one.

Actually, there are two apps. Metro Radio and Radio Controlled. I much prefer RC, but I've tried MR and it is alright, too. I think you should just try them out and see which you prefer.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
And the Trophy is basically a slightly thinner Surround (and without the slide out speaker). Still enjoying this phone. The Trophy is a fine device. No reason to make excuses for it.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

The problems I had initially with the Trophy are now starting to become noticeable to me again. The screen is just not up to snuff with the Focus. The camera stinks. Besides making grainy pictures, every one comes out with a massive yellow tint (which I've always hated) and I cannot find the settings that my Samsung Focus has to change that.

Still, it is a good phone. I wouldn't give it 5/5, but I'm still a satisfied customer.

it.guy1

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Radio Controlled last night, and the walk to work this morning was so much better! This phone is amazing!

Thanks for the tips on getting Pandora back!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers