How my Titan was delivered.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Im sure you guys have seen this by now. It got really popular in the past few week. Here it is if you haven't see it.

FedEx Guy Throwing My Computer Monitor - YouTube
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, I ordered my Titan on Black Friday when it was just a penny on ATT website. Of course my order was delayed since titans were out of stock and it finally shipped about 1.5 weeks later.

I live in an apartment. And the problem with my apartment is that it is kind of hidden. So UPS and FEDEX almost always have trouble finding my apartment. So on delivery days, I always check the tracking number to make sure the package is not delayed or delivered to the wrong place.

So on the delivery date, I checked the tracking info multiple time via FEDEX website. At about 4:30 PM I checked the tracking info and it said it already had been delivered and signed for by some one at 4:25 PM. :O So I looked out the window and sure enough I see the Fedex truck leaving the driveway. I literally had to run after the truck :D Luckily the truck stopped at the next building for deliveries.

I asked the driver if he had delivered the package to the wrong apartment. He said there had not been any packages for my building and he showed me the list of addresses that he had packages for. Strangely my apartment was not on there. I told him that it was delivered just minutes ago and it had to be him. He said it had to be some other fedex driver and asked me to call Fedex.

So I rushed back home and called Fedex. The customer service told me that the package had been delivered already and it was delivered to the leasing office since the signature was .HEAD

I was relieved to know that the package at least was in safe hands and no one would open it. When I knocked on the leasing office door no one answered even though it was supposed to be open. I called the office and no one picked up. So I though I was gonna have to wait till the next day to pick it up.

It was raining non stop that day and at about 7:00 PM I heard some one knocking on the door a couple of times. When I opened the door there was no one but a package left on a small puddle of water while its raining heavily outside. THAT'S RIGHT. IT WAS LEFT OUTSIDE TO SOAK. I grabbed the package and ran across the living room to look out the window to see who left the package. And I saw a FEDEX truck outside. I did not see if it was was the same driver I spoke to since it was dark and pouring outside.

I opened up the package as fast as I could and luckily water had not gotten inside.

The End.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So did the driver lie about not having a package for my apartment?
Why did the leasing office sign for the package when they could've told the driver where the apartment is located?
If it was delivered to the leasing office, How did FedEx retrieve it back since office closes at 5:00PM?
And most of all what If I was not home at 7:00 PM?

Yes. I know. VERY strange.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Very strange indeed and I normally would have skimmed over this, but it was a very interesting (and strange) story. The driver might of lied about that as I'm sure they would have two FedEx drivers delivering at the same spot, around the same time.

He probably realized he better get your package to you since you had already seen his face.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Very strange indeed and I normally would have skimmed over this, but it was a very interesting (and strange) story. The driver might of lied about that as I'm sure they would have two FedEx drivers delivering at the same spot, around the same time.

He probably realized he better get your package to you since you had already seen his face.

That's what I was thinking since he could've waited for someone to open the door.

Still, there are few questions that have gone unanswered. I tried to make the post as short as possible. :D
Thanks for reading. The whole ordeal was too strange for me to not post it. :D

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It was raining non stop that day and at about 7:00 PM I heard some one knocking on the door a couple of times. When I opened the door there was no one but a package left on a small puddle of water while its raining heavily outside. THAT'S RIGHT. IT WAS LEFT OUTSIDE TO SOAK.

Customer service at its finest.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Might be worth making a call to complain. Time of people want those delivery jobs, so people who have them should take their jobs seriously. A complaint might straighten him out.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
lol yeah. Tell me about it. Who in the right mind would do that. I can't trust any shipping carrier to deliver a package safely anymore.
Well, you didn't sign for it, so you didn't receive a package, right? Make a claim.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
In a kinda-related story, my friend ordered some tires from Tire Rack. The tracking (I forget, UPS or FedEx) said attempted delivery to the shop at 7:30am but no one was there. My friend called the shop and they said they were there, and that didn't happen. He called the carrier and they said the tires just didn't make it on the truck accidentally (they WERE supposed to be on the truck) and that they would be delivered the next day.

So basically the driver BSed the system because of that screw up.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Why did the leasing office sign for the package when they could've told the driver where the apartment is located?

Most apartments automatically have packages delivered to the office in case you aren't home to get it. All for security reasons.

And I'm wondering if the office was locked when you went to check for the package because maybe they were showing an apartment to someone and they were short staffed that day?

Still, very good that you were there that night to get the package out of the rain ASAP. Not cool he just set it in the puddle. He should've at least waited for you to open the door and hand it to you, it wouldn't have taken that long...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)