No Pics with Outlook Sync ...

BKPruitt

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I did a non-exchange, Microsoft Live sync with my PCs Outlook contacts file. With the exception of some mild trundication of names, it worked excellently ... except:

No pictures. None. I have all my contacts associated with pics, logos, whatever is relevant to the individual contact. Where are they on my phone?:mad:

Any suggestions? Ideas? The number of a good psychotherapist? ;)

companionlink

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I did a non-exchange, Microsoft Live sync with my PCs Outlook contacts file. With the exception of some mild trundication of names, it worked excellently ... except:

No pictures. None. I have all my contacts associated with pics, logos, whatever is relevant to the individual contact. Where are they on my phone?:mad:

Any suggestions? Ideas? The number of a good psychotherapist? ;)
BKPruitt -

Windows Live doesn't seem to do contact photos for some reason. The only way I've seen a contact photo come through Windows Live is via MSN Messenger accounts - not exactly a convenient option, in my opinion.

That said, if you're open to using Google, you could use CompanionLink to sync Outlook contacts (and calendars and tasks) to Google, then to the phone. You'll get all your contact photos this way. If you have questions about it, just let me know.

If nothing else, hopefully this saves you an expensive phone call to the psychotherapist! ;)

- David

BKPruitt

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
BKPruitt -

Windows Live doesn't seem to do contact photos for some reason. The only way I've seen a contact photo come through Windows Live is via MSN Messenger accounts - not exactly a convenient option, in my opinion.

That said, if you're open to using Google, you could use CompanionLink to sync Outlook contacts (and calendars and tasks) to Google, then to the phone. You'll get all your contact photos this way. If you have questions about it, just let me know.

If nothing else, hopefully this saves you an expensive phone call to the psychotherapist! ;)

- David
Many thanks David. Knowing that it isn't possible provides a huge advantage: I won't spend my entire phone contract TRYING to make it work.

The phone is so awesome, I can live with that inconvienence. :cool:

Again ... thanks!;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro