AT&T HTC Titan OS Update, anyone get it yet?

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I sent a Twitter message to ATT Support and, of course, got the 'We don't have a date yet, but will let you know...' typical canned response to a 'where's my phones update' request. As suspected. The keyboard issue is now really starting to bug me more than before.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I updated my arrive using the manual method quite a while ago. I switched to a Titan Saturday and the first thing I did was update it to 8107 the same way. Both phones work fine with the manual update. My keyboard doesn't disappear, It used to on my Arrive before the update. I didn't give the Titan a chance before I updated it.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I updated my arrive using the manual method quite a while ago. I switched to a Titan Saturday and the first thing I did was update it to 8107 the same way. Both phones work fine with the manual update. My keyboard doesn't disappear, It used to on my Arrive before the update. I didn't give the Titan a chance before I updated it.
Did you just unplug the phone while Zune was looking for the update?

bsmerl

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I contacted AT&T on 8/30 and they said nothing doing yet..

"I certainly understand your frustration.

Although AT&T has received the software from the developers to correct this issue, we are still working to make the software compatible with our network. Releasing this software before it is compatible would only result in your phone not working at all."

I bought my phone so am going to unlock it and go to Straight Talk for much less money. If I'm going to be treated like this by AT&T I might as well as not pay them as much for the same crappy service.

Maybe by unlocking and switching to Straight talk I will get my updates. Anyone know if you will get the Titan updates by unlocking and switching to Straight Talk or do I have to unbrand the phone too?

Thanks for everyone shairing their ideas to the poor AT&T customer service!!!:cool:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you can't unlock he phone.

I'm on straight talk and the only consolation is I'm not paying those shysters at ATT $90 a mo, but they still control the phone updates!

ody360

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Head on over to XDA Dev and just unbrand your AT&T phones and then update to whatever ROM you want. My Titan has been on 7.10.8779, running Nokia apps, and screen capturing abilities, but you can also just update to 8779 or any other iteration that our European counterparts have been enjoying.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Head on over to XDA Dev and just unbrand your AT&T phones and then update to whatever ROM you want. My Titan has been on 7.10.8779, running Nokia apps, and screen capturing abilities, but you can also just update to 8779 or any other iteration that our European counterparts have been enjoying.

no, requires hacky gold card y cable crap.

ody360

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
If you're on Titan II, stay away, doesn't work yet. On making the Y-cable, I was nervous at first... but it took me 20 minutes to create the cable (after waiting 2 days for my amazon order... $4 per M/F usb cable). Stripped the wires, connected the right colors and then covered with electrical tape, closed eyes and 10 minutes later, had a European Titan that I could then load custom ROMS. Just don't load the 17.5 radio update as it seems to be for actual Euro Titan. My phone was stuck on HTC screen with 17.5 radio, so I just reloaded 16.5 and it was back to normal. Keyboard doesn't disappear like it used to, Nokia drive is loaded with turn by turn nav, City lens is a nice novelty, as is the ability to screen capture.

For me, easily worth the risk... I got my Titan from WP Challenge. It's like I got a free Lumia phone from the challenge!

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
And yet the moment apple releases an update it seems to magically work on all carriers including att, the largest iPhone carrier. Wait, isn't att the largest WP carrier? And xda peeps phones work, so their lie holds no water.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
And yet the moment apple releases an update it seems to magically work on all carriers including att, the largest iPhone carrier. Wait, isn't att the largest WP carrier? And xda peeps phones work, so their lie holds no water.
I don't know that that statement is true... Apple's iPhone is so locked up that even changing an APN setting requires a jailbreak. Android devices can change an APN by sneezing on it. WP is somewhere in the middle where a special App is required.

I can tell you that I don't expect an update for the Titan until Windows Phone 7.8 - and after using a debranded Focus S and a Lumia 900 with the new goods on board, it's hard to get back on my Titan. The lack of MSN services or MMS is a real killer for me (using Red Pocket Mobile or Straight Talk.) Both the Focus S (unlocked and debranded) and the Lumia 900 are inferior hardware wise - but the software works so much better on either one.

The Nokia exclusive software still has the 900 in my pocket at the moment though... But I would bet that a busted APN setting or maybe even a line of code that botches the phone would be easy enough for MS to work into the Titan... lol

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that that statement is true... Apple's iPhone is so locked up that even changing an APN setting requires a jailbreak. Android devices can change an APN by sneezing on it. WP is somewhere in the middle where a special App is required.

I never had to wait even a week to get my ios update with my iphone 3g. You could read on apple.com that the update was released and download it on itunes that same day. ATT was not even involved. Explain how this is not possible with WP. Its been many months since tango and still no update due to making sure it is compatible with the ATT network.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen this? I posted in another thread that was older.

HTC TITAN

In the list of fixes it says "Voice audio quality improvements". A fix for the mufled call quality issue?

Has been ready since September and obviously ATT has been holding it back..

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen this? I posted in another thread that was older.

HTC TITAN

In the list of fixes it says "Voice audio quality improvements". A fix for the mufled call quality issue?

Has been ready since September and obviously ATT has been holding it back..

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. Though I fear it's a little too late for both HTC and AT&T. This update should have been out a long time ago.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Good to know an update to fix the voice quality on a year+ old phone is now ready and waiting for carrier approval.

Yea I know-not holding my breath. Wife's Titan sure could use it though..really blows that this has been available since September and ATT is sitting on it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb