Mango Update Failure

Rovietka

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried to update my Titan and received error 80070013. The article from the below link suggest quote

"Hi, It's solved! Reserved space should be increased for the first time on zune. I changed it to 7% on my titan after factory reset. Then 8170 update succeeded and no more asking for sim unlock code too. =) Thanks, wais"

80070013 error while updating to 7740 on my TITAN - AT&T Community Support

I tried it but i still get the same error .. any others experienced this problem and know how to resolve it??

Many thanks

Rovietka

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
...how did you get a Titan without Mango pre-installed?

Mango was installed on the Titan when i purchased it .. Sorry i guess the subject of my post is misleading .. My phone received a popup that a update was available, i connected by phone to my Mac and Windows Phone 7 connector and followed the instructions to complete the update .. when the phone backup portion completed the following error popped up ..

Device update has failed (80070013)

There was more to the error but i forgot to capture it ..

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: update error

So you have an official update from MS and it gave you 80070013 error. Is that correct? I guess you have the 7740 or 8017 update. There are a lot of posts about people having this error (unofficial updates). If you have this error with official update, can you pursue it with ATT, MS., and HTC? It is going to solve some headache for a lot of people.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
How much free memory so you have on your phone, and your Mac. From earlier updates, users had issues if their phone memory was nearly full (around 75%) or their computer did not have enough space for a full phone backup. Remedy was removing some media temporarily.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Rovietka

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
So you have an official update from MS and it gave you 80070013 error. Is that correct? I guess you have the 7740 or 8017 update. There are a lot of posts about people having this error (unofficial updates). If you have this error with official update, can you pursue it with ATT, MS., and HTC? It is going to solve some headache for a lot of people.

Yes, the update popped up on the phone and I tried to update on my work PC using Zune and on my Mac using Windows Phone Connector, but both failed and with error 80070013. My phone currently has OS version: 7.10.7740.16 .. I will contact HTC about this .. Many thanks

Rovietka

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
How much free memory so you have on your phone, and your Mac. From earlier updates, users had issues if their phone memory was nearly full (around 75%) or their computer did not have enough space for a full phone backup. Remedy was removing some media temporarily.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Hi, I have 12.16Gb of available storage on my phone and ample disk space on my Mac.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
It is not a storage issue. My wife's titan factory reset, zero apps installed, did not have a one piece of music or video. It still has problem.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the update popped up on the phone and I tried to update on my work PC using Zune and on my Mac using Windows Phone Connector, but both failed and with error 80070013. My phone currently has OS version: 7.10.7740.16 .. I will contact HTC about this .. Many thanks
Please keep us updated with your experience with HTC. My wife's titan has 7720.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos