Nokia Considers Lumia 800 Battery Problems Fixed - Audio & Camera Fixes Next

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just Sharing. :)

Nokia considers Lumia 800 battery problems solved, audio and camera bug fixes incoming

Key Points...

•First of all, the primary target of the latest Lumia 800 update (1600.2483.8106.11500) was to enhance standby time as well as to bring an improvement to the issue reported by some customers in December, that their phone wasn't able to access the full battery charge capacity correctly. We can confirm that we have successfully tested that those improvements are working.

•Additionally, we've noted your concerns regarding audio and camera settings and are going to address those in a series of future updates, ie. these will not be included in this specific update.

•Also always use the original Nokia Fast USB Charger AC-16 or the Nokia Charging and Data Cable CA-185CD that came with your Lumia 800, as they are specifically designed to charge the Lumia 800 as efficiently as possible. Only a charger with an output of 1000mA will fully charge your Lumia 800 battery. If you have several Nokia chargers at home, just check the respective labels or plastic parts as the product name is mentioned there.

•Last but not least, the Diagnostic App was designed for internal testing purposes. In general, your battery is fine as long as the full charge capacity is more than 1000mAh. For the future, if you are checking your battery life, more useful information on the Battery status can be found by focusing on Settings>System>Battery saver.

Is all well now in Nokia Lumia 800 battery world then ? :dry

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering how long it would be until the unhappy battery folk would disagree with Nokia on this soupatoras, as plenty are saying the battery is in fact worse after the update. :(

Weird why the update was good for some, and not for others. :confused:

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
My phone shipped with the newest OS-update and firmware updates and I can't really say anything other than the batterylife being quite awesome. I get two days with HEAVY usage, WIFI and 3G on 24/7 and around 75 sms messages per day...

Pink version.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering how long it would be until the unhappy battery folk would disagree with Nokia on this soupatoras, as plenty are saying the battery is in fact worse after the update. :(

Weird why the update was good for some, and not for others. :confused:

Well the people still with issues should contact Nokia. But the problem with updates that deal with sound quality or battery life is that it is subjective. Nokia can do scientific testing, IE see how long its lasts on standby or how long it lasts thru a call. But everybody else isn't doing these tests, they are living. I've noticed that with everyphone i've ever had that each day's end battery results are different. And if these people are coming from lower powered symbian phones (such as alot of Nokia Lumia sales in Asia) then battery will be worse. Modern smartphones are lucky to last two days. I still recommend charging every night unless you just have everything off (WiFi, Bluetooth) and hardly use your phone.

I think the main problem that was fixed was the battery being reported as less than 1000mAh. Now it should report its correct size, but that will degrade over time as the battery ages. Nokia also hinted at this, telling people to quit obessing over the reported number in the hidden for a reason diagnostic app. The built in WP estimated battery life left, and time since last full charge are better indicators.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have so many little glitches with both the 800 and 710, they're quite humorous though and I've grown used to having them there. From the wobbling screen, to the vibration not working or screen taking a while to turn on when an alert is displayed, it's all part of the fun until everything's ironed out.

Battery has been absolutely fine on both though.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait for the audio and camera fixes I have no problem with Audio but im curious to see what camera fixes we will see. I assume the update will happen when Tango hits

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had no problem with audio, but the camera definitely needs sorting out. Autofocus when shooting video is absolutely appalling, and though you can take good shots, you need to take your time to play with settings to get the best - hardly convenient if all you want to do is take a quick snap.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering. Some people on that site say that factory resetting the phone, sorts out any battery issues you may have after the update. Guess it could be worth a try, but just wanted to check what happens with all my data when I do this (game saves, texts, email settings, etc...)

If I create backup before resetting it, and then restore from that backup up after reset will that restore all my data?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering. Some people on that site say that factory resetting the phone, sorts out any battery issues you may have after the update. Guess it could be worth a try, but just wanted to check what happens with all my data when I do this (game saves, texts, email settings, etc...)

If I create backup before resetting it, and then restore from that backup up after reset will that restore all my data?

Hard reset will lose your settings and all apps you've downloaded from the marketplace. Don't worry, though. As long as you set up your phone with the same live account you won't have to pay for purchased apps again. Needless to say since your games will be gone, your game saves will be too. And your settings and SMS messages will be as well. The backup restore will only return your media. (music, pictures, etc)

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hard reset will lose your settings and all apps you've downloaded from the marketplace. Don't worry, though. As long as you set up your phone with the same live account you won't have to pay for purchased apps again. Needless to say since your games will be gone, your game saves will be too. And your settings and SMS messages will be as well. The backup restore will only return your media. (music, pictures, etc)

Thanks. I will leave it then. Not worth losing my game saves and text messages. Hopefully, MS will introduce a backup method for game saves though as it is a bit of a pain having to restart when getting a new phone. Seeing they recently introduce cloud storage for Xbox saves, I remain hopefull.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss