So many choices!!

anon(27512)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey wp central! I'm new to windows phone (current 4S user) and I am having troubles deciding which phone to get on AT&T. I am leaning more towards the focus s, but I really like the looks of the titan. I'm also considering the Titan II, and the lumia 900. I heard there are some known issues with the Titan, and wanted input from Titan owners. Do you have issues with your Titan? Do you regret the purchase?

Maziar.a

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I personally choose Titan over 2 unless you need a 16MP camera because it's thinner and has a better build quality(at least on the back side) and I'd still choose it over Lumia 900 because of the bigger screen :D Oh and don't go with Focus S,some users experience some kind of blue tint on the screen;furthermore,it's cheaply built
I don't have any issues with my Titan TBH,call quality is good on mine(I've an unlocked UK version though)
I've had iP4 before and recently moved to WP7/Titan and I love it :D

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I love my Titan I haven had any of the issues people have reported if it had LTE it would be perfect... That said it has one problem maybe not the Titans issue but mine. This device cant take a fall. I don't drop it allot but I have dropped it before. The Titan cant take a fall I was cleaning it one day and groped it that shattered the screen and cost me $200 to get it replaced. I now live in fear of dropping it again.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I do not regret my Titan, but being honest, I got it for free (originally got it for 50% off with a coupon for new users, then after Black Friday, I received the rest after a CSR agreed). So I am naturally willing to live with more "flaws." But at the same time, I really am happy with the phone. Had it since before Thanksgiving. I continue to be impressed with it and the OS.

The worst part is probably AT&T (data speed gripes, coverage/signal strength issues). I switched from Sprint after 12 years.

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I picked up my Titan on Black Friday. If you're an old fart (like me) the Titan's screen will be an epiphany coming from the 4s. I do have episodic mufflled phone call issues and when playing games its easy to tap the "back" button if you have small hands. I have done three sudden deceleration tests to date (dropped it x3). The result is phone has a couple small dents but otherwise has been fine. Its worth noting that the phone has not, I repeat, not locked up at all since I purchased it. It just works. It's worth mentioning that my wife and oldest son (13 yr) both got titan's in December and have not had any problems to date.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
If I were you I'd also go for the Lumia 900 as you're coming from Apple's tiny 3.5" screen. Since I already own the Titan, I just can't go back to the smaller screen so for me the Titan II would be my next choice.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all of the amazing feedback guys. I have a lot to think about. I'm kind of leaning towards the lumia 900 now though.
I would sure wait on the 900 to see if it is more your type. Seems really close to release to not give it a shot, especially at the 99.00$ price tag it is rumoured to be launching at. But if you are not enthralled, I can say the Titan is a fantastic device so long as you do NOT make a lot of phone calls. It's call quality is not impressive. The Titan 2 may address some of these issues, but it is gonna cost a little more coin. The original Titan should drop like a rock to free when both of those LTE offerings hit the market.

Just curious- not interested in the Focus S?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro