Focus keeps making charging (ring) noise

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My focus keeps ringing as if I just plugged in my phone even though it isn't even plugged in and no matter what I do it won't stop. I soft reset the phone a few times, pulled the battery, and plugged it into multiple different chargers including my computer.

Any ideas on why or how to fix this?

My focus also has a microsd card in it, will a hard reset make this card unusable?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There's a thread on this. Do a quick search. I feel your pain and know.how annoying it.could be..

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't find anything of the same nature in the search that has a helpful solution, can anyone help me.

The phone is funcitonal just keeps repeating the noise it makes when it is plugged in (a ring like noise). It's really annoying and affects phones performace some, the phone can't turn screen off cus it gets woken up by the command even though it's not plugged in. I had the issue a while back actually, but a simple soft reset or something made it go away, I don't remember doing anythign specific, I just switch to my Surround until the focus is fixed.

PLEASE, any suggestions, I really enjoy the focus, and want to use it until my grade next month.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Could be a bad USB port, but you really need to do dos hard reset to eliminate any software glitches. The reset will erase everything on you phone, including your SD card, bit you can restore most everything via Zune and Windows Live. You will need to reinstall your apps, but wont have to pay for anything again.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Could be a bad USB port, but you really need to do dos hard reset to eliminate any software glitches. The reset will erase everything on you phone, including your SD card, bit you can restore most everything via Zune and Windows Live. You will need to reinstall your apps, but wont have to pay for anything again.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
If I do a hard reset, will my microsd card still be usable.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My Focus use to do this from time to time. A battery pull doesn't help. What I ended up doing was plugging the phone into my computer and synching with zune. That made it stop.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys, I switched to my HTC surround for a day and then when I was going to try a hard reset on the focus, it stopped and is working properly now. I think I did sync it also, so maybe that does help in some way that I am unaware. I guess the phone went into self preservation mode ha.

I only need it to last another month and 6 days, then its a Lumia 900 or Titan II for me! I'm gonna miss the 36gb of memory so much tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss