Messed My Screen Up

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
This morning I was at a restaurant with my Trophy on the table and I spilled my salsa directly onto the top half of the phone. I had it cleaned in less than five seconds, but some liquid apparently got in between the layers of my screen. Now the top, left corner is all blotchy and I'm not sure what to do. If worst comes to worst, I could just ignore it, but it has already become annoying. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you could try the trick of putting it in a bag full of uncooked rice. Supposedly it pulls moisture out of the phone, but I've never tried it myself.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Maybe you could try the trick of putting it in a bag full of uncooked rice. Supposedly it pulls moisture out of the phone, but I've never tried it myself.

Ditto, uncooked rice is the best best, but as Ohgeez10 said, Salsa will leave a residue. Also maybe try some compressed air???.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to order some new adhesive and then do a search on youtube for the trophy screen teardown instructions, take it apart, clean it, and put it back together.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I totally made it worse...I tried to clean it with rubbing alcohol and q-tips and somehow the alcohol spread all throughout the screen. I guess I had the q-tips too wet. I'm sure alcohol will evaporate, though, so I'm leaving it in rice overnight and if that doesn't work, I'm going to bake it at a very low temp for a few minutes. If none of this works, I would try the teardown and then insurance. I'm sure my warranty is void due to the liquid, anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos