How is the screen on this devices?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the Lumia 900, but I looked at the Focus S and the screen is so amazing. I know the N9 screen is Amoled but is it comparable?

Sir_Josh

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Wait isn't the screen Clearblack Amoled? It doesn't sound super amoled.

I believe it is Clear Black. All Lumias are at this point, but that may change with their 600 line of phones, which are going to have to cut cost somewhere, I think the screen may be one of them.

Again, all speculation. Lol

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So is Clear Black Amoled as good as Super Amoled? I love how those phone looks. Also the screen on those LG phones are amazing (the Mytouch LG in particular is phenomenal)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I read on some tech blog (Engadget or CNet or something like that) that the L900 will have arguably the most beautiful screen on the market and that if it had a higher resolution than WVGA, it would have it hands down.

As for the L800, it has a pentile display, which many people dislike. The L900 won't have to deal with that, though.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks judge. I just wanted something decent but almost the best is greatly appreciated. Now if only the camera turn out great I'll be even more happy. ( I take a lot of pictures and I stare at the screen a lot :) )

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks judge. I just wanted something decent but almost the best is greatly appreciated. Now if only the camera turn out great I'll be even more happy. ( I take a lot of pictures and I stare at the screen a lot :) )

Screen and camera are my highest priority on choosing my next phone. Both suck monkey butt on the Trophy and it makes me want to throw it against the wall almost daily.

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The 800's screen is equivalent to Super AMOLED, but "Super AMOLED" is Samsung's brand name so obviously Nokia doesn't call theirs that. The 900's screen will be equivalent to Samsung's "Super AMOLED Plus" screens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077