Switching in and out of 3G and HSPA Whist in call

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but for over a week now, my HD7 has been acting up whilst I'm on a call. Every 10 seconds or so it will switch from 3GS to HSPA, putting the call on hold (not officially), and then resume. The service/reception in the area is 100% so there is zero issues there. I have also tried my sim in a different handset and there wasn't any problems...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, dudes...

I'm all out of options so I'm thinking about going for a factory reset as my HD7 is effectively an iPod Touch now....

Before I do, is there anything I should do beforehand?

I'll make a list of my apps
Music/photos/videos are backed up via Zune
Contacts are stored via Hotmail

Anything I'm missing?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's a bugger, although I actually wouldn't mind going through geoDefense again.

Thanks, Weebear. I've been quite lucky so far. This is the only problem I've had in the last 15 months.

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but for over a week now, my HD7 has been acting up whilst I'm on a call. Every 10 seconds or so it will switch from 3GS to HSPA, putting the call on hold (not officially), and then resume. The service/reception in the area is 100% so there is zero issues there. I have also tried my sim in a different handset and there wasn't any problems...

Any ideas?

Thanks

The HD7 shouldnt go any higher than 3G. Mine used to come up 2G where I lived and drop to G on calls. The HD7 can browse the web on 3G and phone calls at the same time. Sounds like a hard reset might be a good choice, or recover a back up from zune.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
The HD7 shouldnt go any higher than 3G. Mine used to come up 2G where I lived and drop to G on calls. The HD7 can browse the web on 3G and phone calls at the same time. Sounds like a hard reset might be a good choice, or recover a back up from zune.

Sounds like a plan. I'm actually waiting it out at the moment - hoping it'll just go away. If not, Zune recovery will be my first port of call. :)

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried manually setting your service choice in the cellular options? I know when I had the problem I manually set it to Tmobile from automatic and it helped. Not good to do when traveling because it wont roam. That may help you when at a specific location.

Mahloot

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you still experiencing this problem? I am having the same problem on my Nokia 710, it's irritating because i can't do anything online with it right now unless it's on wifi. the constant switching just messes any app that uses data.

Mahloot

May 11, 2013
Visit site
You might want to try Nokia Network Setup app.

Thanks but now it seems I'm having another problem... My phone is no longer recognized as being a Nokia phone on the Marketplace so I'm missing the Nokia collection option. Manually finding this or any Nokia app and trying to install it just gives me a error that it's not available for my phone... Trying to restore from a backup atm to see if that helps.

This problem didn't happen because of Nokia Network Setup - I couldn't get it installed in the first place because of this new problem.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte