Buyer Beware

kenji117

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I figure I should inform you about some of the issues with the DVP.

Lacks:
Dev access ( no custom roms...yet; progress is being made)
E-compass
Customer service

My biggest gripe is the customer service which I have actually had to deal with more than I should. Hopefully you wont have to. However, if you do I would suggest sending a message to @amyatdell rather than calling dell mobility.

I have had multiple issues with their call center in India. I have been sent phones which are the wrong size, I have a 32gb and been sent a 8gb replacement 2-3 times.

Just recently certain letters on my hardware keyboard have stopped working. When I called they said they would send a replacement and I had the rep confirm it would be a 32gb device but when it arrived it was an 8gb. I called them again informed them of the issue and the rep said they would send the correct size.
I recieved a call yesterday from dell informing me that I had recieved it and need to send back the old device. I told them I had not and they told me the address they sent it to, which was incorrect; every device in the past has been shipped to california but the rep sent it to oklahoma this time. They had the rep who I spoke to for that replacement call me and he said I was lying and that I gave him the oklahoma address and he would be looking at the recordings as proof. I said I want a copy of the recording of my own call because I know I didn't give the incorrect address. At first he said it wouldn't be possible and then after I began to get mad he said they would send me a copy somehow.
Today he called and said they would be sending a new 32gb device to the correct address but, not once did he apologize for saying that I lied about my address.

I spoke to his supervisor yesterday and stated that I am sick of their terrible service and tired of all the issues I have had with this phone. I have demanded a refund as the phone isn't even working as they had advertised on their website when I bought it (site mentioned the phone has an E-compass). He tried to tell me that the e-compass issue was with Mango and not Dell ( complete BS).

For those that don't know the e-compass file was renamed and Dell has refused to rename the file or correct the firmware so that it refers to the correct file.

I have also filed a complaint, along with many others, with the BBB.

tl:dr dont buy the phone get a htc titan when it comes out next month the physical keyboard isnt worth the **** that is their customer service.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully you like WP enough to fight through the Dell's BS and try another (non-Dell) Windows Phone. I've never purchased any Dell devices but I've seen enough horror stories to know to stay away from them.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully you like WP enough to fight through the Dell's BS and try another (non-Dell) Windows Phone. I've never purchased any Dell devices but I've seen enough horror stories to know to stay away from them.
First time I heard of a 32GB device O_O!
Maybe there is none and thats the reason why they replaced it with the 8Gb :D

JustinMSalvato

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I HATE Dell customer service

I ordered the Dell Venue Pro 16 GB package on May 31st. I was told my activation fee with T-Mobile will be waived and I would receive the Free Ultimate Gamer Package (the Dell representative did not know what it was until I sent her the link)... So the Dell representative created an account for me with T-Mobile, or so I thought! When I received my phone, my account did not exist! Then I called Dell to resolve this; they connected me with T-Mobile. T-Mobile told me I was being charged an activation fee, but I told them that the Dell representative said it was waived (so I'm being charged the activation fee). Also, I have spoken to 8 different operators about the Free Ultimate Gamer Package... Not a single one knows what the Free Ultimate Gamer Package is. They do not know anything about this promotion. Dell customer service are liars and incompetent!

The deal I am referring to: Dell Venue Pro Now Available on AT&T and T-Mobile with Exclusive Microsoft Promotion - Direct2Dell - Direct2Dell - Dell Community

They knew nothing of it on the phone, but I kept telling them its on their site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs