T-Mobile USA?

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'll be one of the first ones to get a Lumia 900 if it reaches the T-Mobile stores in the USA. Can we make this a thread dedicated to such news and rumors. I can't wait to get my hands on one. Anyone with insight in this?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
It's not going to happen. The Lumia 900 does not have a radio compatible with T-Mo's 3G frequency bands. Sorry. Believe me, I wish it was coming to T-Mo, too. We T-Mobile users will just have to muddle by with our HD7s, Radars, and Lumia 710s.

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm not willing to give up hope because of that. Until someone tears it apart, they could very well be withholding the band information......or they could be launching a separate 900 for T-Mobile. Whatever happened to the rumor that T-Mobile will get it 45 days after AT&T?

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
How long can T-Mo go without a premium Nokia WP (or any premium Mango WP for that matter...)?

We'll see, I guess. But I am not counting on it at all. I suspect I'll eventually upgrade to a Lumia 710.

That said, between the Radar and 710...I can't see why you'd pick the Lumia. Unless you really hate capacitive buttons, the Radar's build quality is a lot nicer and it has internet sharing.

Sent from my HTC Radar using Board Express

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree. It would be in the interest of Nokia, Microsoft, AND T-Mobile to push the Lumia 900 on all providers. I don't understand why they would limit it to AT&T?

unit_three

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty disappointed that the 900 doesn't have T-Mo 3G. So far Nokia's "rolling thunder" is just a few sprinkles.

My contract with T-Mobile doesn't renew until late this year anyway. I'm not jumping to AT&T and if T-Mobile doesn't have any good WP7 phones then I don't know what I'll do. I'd hate to have to switch back to buggy Android.

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, lack of certain phones is definitely not enough to justify jumping ship. I tried twice and always came back to magenta. :)

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
That said, between the Radar and 710...I can't see why you'd pick the Lumia. Unless you really hate capacitive buttons, the Radar's build quality is a lot nicer and it has internet sharing.

Sent from my HTC Radar using Board Express

I'd choose it because it's a very nice phone. Way, way faster than my HD7. And the screen is just superb. I'd take speed over the Radar's Internet sharing. WiFi tethering just isn't that important to me.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I used my upgrade in November for the T-mobile Blackberry 9900 Bold (long time BB user here and T-mo since Voicestream days)). But I think I'm breaking contract and going to AT&T for LTE and the 900. I still need to confirm there will be tethering/wifi hotspot on the 900 and even though a little more money per month I think it will be worth it. I have 3 lines and will look at bringing the other two over in August when they expire and after I've had a few months on that ATT network to really see what it's like.

ATT has a better selection of phones and we can refer our business clients to ATT and get a small referral fee (neither on T-mobile to my knowledge).

I think it's worth looking at, especially if the 900 is going to be $99 on contract!

-m

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at switching from Verizon to Tmobile, but the coverage in my area doesn't seem to be something I can deal with. I live in a very rural area, and according to the coverage maps, I would only be getting 2g in most of the areas I frequent. I would like to save some money, but not at the expense of usability. If i lived in an area with better coverage I would be all over the Radar. :)

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The news from MWC about the international 900 says it has a HSPA+ radio in it... which might be compatible with T-Mobile as their frequencies are more similar to the international frequencies then AT&T or Verizon.

I think I still want to switch to AT&T for LTE so maybe I'll see what the launch price is for the 900 and have that help decide for me.

http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-900-go-global
-m

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok so what if you buy the international unlocked version.. should it's HPSA+ work with T-Mobiles and AT&T's HPSA+ ? I know if it's GSM/EDGE it will but haven't ventured into the 4G land with unlocked phones.

freshairr

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok so what if you buy the international unlocked version.. should it's HPSA+ work with T-Mobiles and AT&T's HPSA+ ? I know if it's GSM/EDGE it will but haven't ventured into the 4G land with unlocked phones.

International version isn't pentaband, so it's not going to work (with T-Mobile. ATT should be fine).

Frequencies-850/900/1900/2100 MHz (Buy Nokia Lumia 900 | Official Accessories)

Once the 900 comes to canada though, it might, because the 710 up there has all the bands for ATT and T-Mobile's 3G/HSPA

Last edited:

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who's a T-Mobile rep. She told me that they're getting a phone in the 900-series. Hopefully this is true as the 900-series is a nice product line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa