Does Trophy have 3G Mobile Hotspot feature?

showie

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I went to pick up a Trophy today since it looks like months before a new device will be launched on Verizon, and was surprised to see the website try to take away the hotspot feature. Is anyone successfully using their Trophy as a mobile hotspot and if so, how?

Thanks!

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a 4G hotspot on my Galaxy Nexus and it went away when I switched to the Focus. I'm 99% sure this phone doesn't have the feature. You'd see it in Settings I believe.

showie

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
That really sucks and could be a deal breaker for me. I had a Radar briefly and it had the hotspot feature (just unusable service for where I wanted to be). I know the Radar is a 2nd gen handset, but I had hoped by now this wouldn't be a point of fragmentation among the older handsets. I wouldn't think it takes that much processing power to do.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The hardware is capable of being a mobile hotspot but it requires a firmware update to activate the feature. I'm not sure if it's Verizon or HTC's fault that it hasn't happened yet but I'm inclined to blame Verizon given their track record with updates.

I'm sure we'll be seeing custom ROMs with tethering enabled now that DFT's HSPL tool supports the Verizon Trophy, if you're into that sort of thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb