New Lumia 800 firmware coming soon (battery and camera fix + more?)

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I know not of a confirmed date.. :(

I know I tried every half hour last night .. haha

My discharge rate is over ~140, so ~70 would be scweeeeet :)

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My discharge rate was over 200+ Which equated to a 12 hour day. How I used the phone really had little bearing as the discharge issue was occuring effectively whilst the phone was idle. I do not know what the rate was when the phone was in standby but I am willing to bet it was high.

Anyway the firmware update from Singapore has been out a couple of days now so I visited the XDA forum and thanks to a tutorial and the collection of the right tools created by Heathcliff it was onwards and upwards.

Process is pretty straightforward and was easy especially as I was only performing a firmware flash. A couple of tools and 1 cab file and I was away.

[CAB] Official WP7 Updates List: 7.10.8107 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers

Anyway all flashed now and running Firmware 12070. Uninstalled the old diag tool installed the new one. Both had the same result anyway, new one removes some details and the graph.

Previously 200+ consistently now hovers around the 100 mark. Tomorrow will be my first big test to see if I make it through a day and night without looking for a plug socket for my evening Fruit Ninja session.

RustyU

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I did the CAB Sender install as well, nice and easy, hopefully the improvement will be noticeable over a couple of days.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
What files do I need for the cab install? I thought that I needed the firmware plus a language pack but from the sound of it you guys are simply pushing the firmware update?

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
If you are doing the firmware then you only need the firmware CAB file and the two tools that are linked in my post above.

The language packs apply only if you are going for the 8107 update as that is an OS upgrade.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Still no official word on this rolling out, but if it's been pushed to some markets already it most likely wont be long for the rest of the world.

I'm really curious to see the impact it has on my battery life as for the most part I find it pretty ok at the moment. 70mAh is between half and a third of what my current idle discharge rate is, so potentially the gains could be significant.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
From the Nokia site:

"Good news! We have brought forward the software update schedule for our Nokia Lumia 800, and have begun rolling out the latest update 1600.2487.8107.12070 to India and Singapore. This update will gradually be available for more markets in the coming weeks and we will keep you informed via our support pages as well as via a similar announcement here on Nokia Discussions Forum, once we add additonal markets to the roll out."

Nokia Support Discussions - New update available for Lumia 800 (1600.2487.8107... - Nokia Support Discussions

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys thanks for posting all these useful links and info. I was thinking of putting some of them in the OP to make it easy to find in case the thread grows. What are your thoughts?

Also, how do I change the thread title?

Last edited:

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why they roll it out to those regions first? I would have thought they would have done the European countries first as that is where there are currently more phones (or not?).

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Hum.. after the update, I now get a stutter in music playback once per track over bluetooth. Anyone else?

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why they roll it out to those regions first? I would have thought they would have done the European countries first as that is where there are currently more phones (or not?).

possible that they take those countries before us because if there is a major bug/error in the update that they don't know about then it would been worse to send it out to everyone in europe... Because they have sold so many phones here.

They don't want to do what apple did with IOS 5 (almost everyone got battery problems).

paradiseware.com

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to this update, but I still never got the 1600.2483.8106.11500 update. I have an unbranded Lumia 800. Has anyone else not recieved that one yet?

I too have an unbranded Lumia 800. My "About" tells me the Firmware revision is: 1600.2483.8106.11500. Last week, an update notification popped up in Zune. I think that's when the update came through.

iBerry Lifestyle

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an unbranded Lumia 800 and run it on o2 in Germany. The firmware on it is 8106.11500. I haven't seen any new updates, neither on the device nor on Zune. Still waiting for it.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Ivanr53

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Any camera quality differences?
The GM for Nokia South Africa states - "We have just begun the software update rollout for the Lumia 800, beginning with India and Singapore, and will add more variants gradually over the coming weeks to the distribution. The full rollout will be spread over more than 6 weeks, and it therefore can take some time until you see an update available for you. "

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea