Extremely bad battery life

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Any update if your capacity increased? I purchased a Mugen Power battery listed at 1800mAh and it too only lists as around 1350mAh in the phone.

Does your battery work with the stock cover like the 1500mah one? I'm considering the 710 because it's affordable and I'm sick of the abysmal battery life on my HD7.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The battery I have is equivalent to the BP-4L battery. It sits a little taller so you have to peel off the little pad inside the cover for the cover to snap shut in a comfy way.

The cover does snap shut, and closes around the edges but you can tell that there is a slight bulge underneath. It really isn't noticeable unless you really look really closely at it.

andz8

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Any update if your capacity increased? I purchased a Mugen Power battery listed at 1800mAh and it too only lists as around 1350mAh in the phone.

Unfortunately, I have seen no increase... the reverse is true. Over time, the battery was decreasing in capacity. After a week of use, it was showing a maximum charge of 1270mAh.

I have stopped using the battery, and am back with the origianl. Weirdly, I have seen better performance from the original battery recently, with a single charge lasting a day and a half now.

I regret buying the bigger capacity battery.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
It appears buying a genuine BP-4L battery in the UK is a tricky task - even Amazon seem to be readily selling fakes (and I don't mean on the Marketplace, I mean Amazon themselves).

:(

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Yup there are a lot of fakes out there, even on ebay, amazon and other online mobile phone shops. The best thing to do is buy from someone that has a lot of good feedback and sells batteries in their original packaging.

I bought a fake BP-4L off ebay which turned out to be some tiny battery in a cardboard shell, and fake nokia cover. Luckily i got full refund for it after i told ebay about it.

Also, I walked into a cell phone store and asked them for a BP-4L. The guy pulls a battery out of a little plastic bag, and then says it's $65! I said no thanks and quickly got out of there. It looked legit but didn't have any packaging so it could have been used and no way i'm paying that much for a battery.

It's a shame Nokia doesn't sell items on their site.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone from the U.K know where to buy a genuine battery and save a couple of quid over going to the Nokia store?

I notice Argos are selling them (but for ?34.99 sadly) and even they actually have a picture of a fake battery rather than the genuine thing. What a shame buying a battery is so difficult.

What do people do when they are out and about? I'm home and by mid evening I'm charging the phone. If I was at a friends house, I'd be sat holding a phone with no life left in it.

It's a real shame Nokia crippled this phone to some degree by saving a couple of quid on the battery.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well after me talking about the poor battery life, something odd happened.

Charged my phone the other day, have taken it out and about and use it much more than I normally do - and at the moment it has been on for 1 day 12 hours, is at 27% battery and has 3 hours charge left!

Not quite sure what has happened for it to suddenly last so long, as usually I need to charge it every 24 hours without fail.

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Click to view quoted image
-photo from xda forums.

I recently bought a Nokia BP-4L battery from Expansys, after hearing that it was able to squeeze into position with some tweaking. I can confirm it does work, but when I look at the Nokia diagnostics tool, it only shows the full capacity charge to be 1331mAh, when the BP-4L should be a 1500mAh. Only genuine batteries are sold by Expansys, so i'm a little confused as to why it doesn't show a bigger capacity.

But, as for working... it works. Hopefully, after a week or 2, I should see the capacity increase.

Maybe the software is written to only register 1300 in that specific model?

Ryan378

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It's a shame Nokia doesn't sell items on their site.

That, and that they do not have a better system for spotting fakes. It really is a head scratcher as to the way they have addressed it.

Although they are all being manufactured in China these days. So it really comes down to quality control. This is actually an OEM for many phone makers, that simply started selling their own. But they are still hit or miss. I have no experience, but you can find some positive experiences, online. Not a bad chance bet for $8.

And the manufacturers are really doing the consumer a disservice in understating the conditioning factor of Li-ion batteries. After the initial conditioning period they benefit from being charged at different intervals- i.e. partial discharges, for around a month or so if you charge everyday. Then you want to go back to using your device until it is almost completely discharged before charging again.

That is all done so you simply get an accurate gauge by the phone itself, as to how much battery life is left.

But almost everyone is going to see better life after a period of time. And you can do something to get a more accurate gauge by the phone itself. So don't panic. The 710 isn't nearly as bad as some reviews are saying it is. I actually love the thing and get around two days out of a charge.

Sayan20

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Horrible battery!! if you leave the phone idle then also it gets drained out in 7-8 hours..and I have got the same feedback from couple of other users as well. Using Whatsapp or any other chatting software will eat the battery in no time. Very disappointing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss