Lumia 900 coming soon

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay great! That's really nice to hear, one of the major things I was worried about what the size of the device. Nice to hear that.

Hey, maybe they'll start handing out some reviewers devices soon?!

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I found this comment over at WMPowerUser.com
If you listened to Windows Weekly with Paul Thurrott today (03/22) he mentioned that a reliable source to him said that AT&T is going to make an announcement next Monday. They will announce the launch date is April 8th with a 99$ price w Plan.​

I am listening to WW now over at twit.tv to get some details

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I hope the Microsoft Stores will weigh in on Monday too - I gave them money for a pre-order, but I'll honestly go to wherever can get it to me first. I really liked the staff at the Microsoft Store, so I'm hoping I don't have to go in just to ask for a refund on my pre-order.

FiveFngrsOfDef

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just left my local AT&T store looking for a case for my iPad 3. The manager who knows I am a Windows phone user, told me to hold on and went to the back. He returned with a black phone that had a cover on it. He handed it to me and to my surprise, it was a Lumia 900. The phoe is beautiful. He said that all of the staff will be receiving them and that it will be coming out on 4/8. He confirmed there will be a massive advertisement campaign for it beginning soon.

I have a Titan and to my surprise, tha phone was not as large as I was expecting after reading some of the posts. I CAN'T WAIT!

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Ohhhh the good news just keeps coming. That is really reassuring. Cover? like the one's that come with the 800?
I'm glad to hear it isn't that big, how was the screen? Get to play around with it?

FiveFngrsOfDef

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, when it mentioned cover, it had a cover to hide the phone. It wasn't attached. The screen was beautiful. Very responsive. Unlike the Focus, it has a solid feel.

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Paul Thurrott confirmed (via his reliable source) on Windows Weekly, which aired yesterday (Thursday 22 March) that:

1) AT&T will make the formal announcement on Monday 26 March 2012 about the Lumia 900 (no word on Titan II).
2) The device will be available Sunday 8 April 2012 (online, although Paul didn't confirm, we can safely assume)
3) The Lumia 900 will indeed cost $99 (subsidized), which cause Leo Laporte to go crazy over the price he paid for the Note ($299 subsidized) and says this is a big move for Windows Phone.

If you want to listen to that segment, go to this link and skip forward to the 48:45 mark and they talk about the Lumia 900 for about 2 minutes.

Last edited:

aarondr

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I was just in my AT&T store (Short Pump VA) and my buddy Zee and his manager both have Lumia 900s (matte black). I got to play with it for a good 5-10 minutes. A bit disappointed my 'iPhone headset' didn't work with it (Klipse Image One - thought Nokia implemented AHJ - WTF). Very smooth - very heavy for what it is (but beautiful body). Good to finally see one in person. He didn't have a word on a date, but really - Easter? Why not release them next weekend? I'll never understand AT&T.

thepickupbear

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
A bit disappointed my 'iPhone headset' didn't work with it (Klipse Image One - thought Nokia implemented AHJ - WTF).

I have a Nokia headset, and none of the functions beyond headphones work on a non-Windows Phone. Sadly I forgot it before I ran over to the AT&T store - so I didn't get to try my Nokia earphones with the 900.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
No confirmation here, but my bro works for ATT and i asked him what would be off contract price..

He said pretty all non iphone phones have off contract price of $549 or lower when first released in terms of the higher end phones.

He also doesnt know the launch date for the lumia, so who knows...Im banking on $549 or 599

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
A bit disappointed my 'iPhone headset' didn't work with it (Klipse Image One - thought Nokia implemented AHJ - WTF).

CRAAAAP! That's the one thing that really pisses me off about my Lumia 800. I want to be able to take calls, use voice control, skip tracks, pause, etc. without having to take the damn phone out of my pocket. The damn Titan could do it, so I know it's a Nokia fail and not a Windows Phone fail. Seriously could be a dealbreaker.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720