Lumia 900 coming soon

smartvoyager

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I was in an AT&T store in Mansfield TX yesterday and I was speaking with one of the salespeople. I was asking her about Windows Phone and she mentioned a new one they just brought in the store to show the employees. I asked her which one and she said it was a Nokia model but she could not remember the details. I asked her the release date and price and she did not know anything (surprise!)

Basically, I got out of her that they were shown a new Nokia windows phone and she said it was really slick. She said they are only shown phones in the store when the release is very close.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
So many people waiting for the relese and I can't help wonder is it gona sell?
Are people talking about the relese for other reasons then buying it?
Are you buying one?

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure that it will sell, I think the longer they wait the more it's going to hurt sales, I'm thinking about just getting a Titan myself.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm going for black... I think...Apparently white won't be released until after the other colors (unconfirmed of course) so that narrows it to black or blue and I like the black one more. Really like how the clear black makes the screen almost fade in to the hardware

ruazn2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
So I was at Costco the other day and I saw the ATT stand, I thought what the heck, let's see if they know anything. To my surprise, they said the 900 should be arriving within 2-3 weeks. He said he's already seen the phone and his regional manager has already told him about it. He also said Costco usually gets the phones 2 weeks after the ATT stores. Does that mean ATT will be getting them next week? Probably not but it seems like 2-3 weeks is what we are looking at!

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My wife is getting one but the questions is when is it going to be released?

Sent from my Htc Titan using Board Express

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My friend with MS has a Nokia Lumia 900 in-hand. Truth is, this phone is ready. It has probably been ready for weeks. I think AT&T is taking their time to get this marketing launch down correctly, because of all the money AT&T is being entrusted in delivering the product, because AT&T is soley responsible for the device, Nokia+MS do not have enough (or any, in Nokia's case) retail stores to have some of the share of sales. Let's not forget, AT&T and Nokia haven't had a smartphone since the E71x, a Symbian QWERTY phone that was a Blackberry-esque device. Lumia 900 is a totally different monster, and the marketing campaign, unfortunate as it is, also plays a lot in the hands of AT&T as much as Nokia+MS because of the end-user interaction with AT&T.

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My friend with MS has a Nokia Lumia 900 in-hand. Truth is, this phone is ready. It has probably been ready for weeks. I think AT&T is taking their time to get this marketing launch down correctly, because of all the money AT&T is being entrusted in delivering the product, because AT&T is soley responsible for the device, Nokia+MS do not have enough (or any, in Nokia's case) retail stores to have some of the share of sales. Let's not forget, AT&T and Nokia haven't had a smartphone since the E71x, a Symbian QWERTY phone that was a Blackberry-esque device. Lumia 900 is a totally different monster, and the marketing campaign, unfortunate as it is, also plays a lot in the hands of AT&T as much as Nokia+MS because of the end-user interaction with AT&T.

if this is correct in case of lumia 900, it still doesn't answer why there is no news on titan2. I'm beginning to think that there is something still mot ready with WP and LTE. Because that's th only common thread between the two and both were announced at the same time.

I hope I'm wrong here, but I'm beginning to think that MS is ironing out last minute kinks with LTE.

from my TouchPad using Communities

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
if this is correct in case of lumia 900, it still doesn't answer why there is no news on titan2. I'm beginning to think that there is something still mot ready with WP and LTE. Because that's th only common thread between the two and both were announced at the same time.

I hope I'm wrong here, but I'm beginning to think that MS is ironing out last minute kinks with LTE.

Very likely. This article from the 14th says the final software for the Lumia 900 was released the 15th, so maybe that was the delay.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
sr! brings up a good point, I think WP may be running in the LTE issues. It sounds like both the Titan II and Lumia 900 have been delayed quiet a bit and that the Samsung Mandel has taken a lot of time to resurface. Just hoping for refined products at launch date.

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Right. So we're getting there. Now Nokia and AT&T need to go for it and give us something to look forward to.

I hear ya man. My Nexus One barely lives awaiting this stupid phone. I have had this upgrade handy since last Thanksgiving and they just need to take my money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs