Hands on in ATT store today!

shea-bird

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I stopped in my local ATT store today and got to play around with the 900! There were a bunch of reps and managers in the store and it was not busy at the time, so I went over and asked if there was any chance they had a Nokia Lumia 900 in the store or in the back yet to look at...there was a weird silence and first a reply of, "no sorry, but it will be available in a couple weeks"...so I say thanks, turn around and begin to play with a galaxy note. about 30 secs later a nice rep comes over with a cyan blue, fully operational 900 in hand and said that he just got the ok to show me (they must have conferred while I was on the note).

I sat with the guy and played around for 5 minutes or so, tested the camera- albeit in crappy store lighting...all in all, it was a pretty cool experience. being there is little disparity in windows devices, I was primarily concerned with the build quality, screen, and camera. All of which seemed very nice- smooth finish, the blue actually looked good- not too loud. the screen was great, and the camera seemed to shoot well i the few shots I took in store...but it still wasn't enough to sell me...it's just too far behind the times in technology to warrant a upgrade at this point IMO. I think I will wait for the HTC One X...I just wish the lumia had a higher resolution screen!!! Im on a qhd right now and going backwards just doesn't seem right. guess I will have to sleep on it for a few nights.

moral of the story...get to ATT and ask, they probably have one in house!!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Well call me a bas ackwards old timer. Can't wait to turn over my $99 for a slick new 900. Plenty enough technology for me. Keep your battery killing quad core, retina displays. Only hope I can turn off LTE. My crappy 3G signal kills my battery. Expect LTE to be worse.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
After talking with the rep did it seem like he even knew anything about the phone? The phone could be the best thing ever and if the reps don't have enough knowledge to sell it than it will fail.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
After talking with the rep did it seem like he even knew anything about the phone? The phone could be the best thing ever and if the reps don't have enough knowledge to sell it than it will fail.
They're getting training... my boy said he would never switch to WP and he now has a Lumia 900.

doejoe007

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site

The reps I talked to were using the phones as I came in the door and I got a feeling they were getting drilled for a top shelf launch.

ATT seems to be taking this very seriously, as is Nokia.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
went into my ATT store and the sales manager said we have them we cant have them on the sales floor until March 30 or April 1 I can play with it then so I am going to do that he is really excited about the phone but its very explicitly told to them no pics and nothing shown to customers until then reps in this area can get in nig trouble for violating proocol.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Mall of America ATT store has some, the sales guy Jesse has a cyan one i got to play with this morning. I thought it was going to be too big but it fits well in the hand and in your pocket.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
During my lunch break, I went into my local ATT store and my rep not only had it in her hand as I asked her questions, she let me play with it for a good 15 mins. She was awesome and she even pulled out the cyan one so I had 2 in my hands. The phone was zippy and LTE was crazy fast. The polycarbonate body is something you need to get use too as well as the size, but the screen and speed is top notch. Apparently they get one as a keeper so they are familiar with the phone and they loved the phone. She had basically all the knowledge we are discussing in the forums here so I have nothing new to share. Great looking phone and I am sure it is going to sell alot.

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I stopped in my local ATT store today and got to play around with the 900! There were a bunch of reps and managers in the store and it was not busy at the time, so I went over and asked if there was any chance they had a Nokia Lumia 900 in the store or in the back yet to look at...there was a weird silence and first a reply of, "no sorry, but it will be available in a couple weeks"...so I say thanks, turn around and begin to play with a galaxy note. about 30 secs later a nice rep comes over with a cyan blue, fully operational 900 in hand and said that he just got the ok to show me (they must have conferred while I was on the note).

I sat with the guy and played around for 5 minutes or so, tested the camera- albeit in crappy store lighting...all in all, it was a pretty cool experience. being there is little disparity in windows devices, I was primarily concerned with the build quality, screen, and camera. All of which seemed very nice- smooth finish, the blue actually looked good- not too loud. the screen was great, and the camera seemed to shoot well i the few shots I took in store...but it still wasn't enough to sell me...it's just too far behind the times in technology to warrant a upgrade at this point IMO. I think I will wait for the HTC One X...I just wish the lumia had a higher resolution screen!!! Im on a qhd right now and going backwards just doesn't seem right. guess I will have to sleep on it for a few nights.

moral of the story...get to ATT and ask, they probably have one in house!!
What I do when I am shopping for phones to compare screens, I bring up the same website with images and zoom in. Did you do this?

They might say it has higher resolution but the quality of the screen makes a bigger difference. Cramming more pixels in a small screen is not noticeable to the human eye after a certain point.

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea I had to go visit a corp store today and got to hold that device. The build quality was absolutely incredible and does not feel cheap at all regardless of the $99 dollar price point on contract.

I am sold.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
What I do when I am shopping for phones to compare screens, I bring up the same website with images and zoom in. Did you do this?

They might say it has higher resolution but the quality of the screen makes a bigger difference. Cramming more pixels in a small screen is not noticeable to the human eye after a certain point.

The HTC One X uses a SLCD II display, which is reportedly IPS in all but legal name (which is Hitachi+LG owned). So... it should be quite good in quality, and likely superior in image color accuracy vs AMOLED.

maseison

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm more than sold today after just leaving my local AT&T store today! The cyan is sick! and he even showed me a some PDF pages that showed tons of accessories from Case-mate (the Pop cases), iPhone style bumpers, and Invisishield type skins. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786