Help Voice Text and Bing Voice Search Stoped

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
PLEASE CHECK YOUR VOICE TEXT AND BING VOICE SEARCH;

About 24 hours ago I attempted to send a Voice Text on my Titan and an error message read.." Coud'nt connect.

Next I attempted to a Bing Voice Search and the voice states.. " WE'RE SORRY BUT WE CAN'T ACESS THE NETWORK RIGHT NOW. I made sure date connection was on even tried Wi Fi. I unistalled several apps and did a soft reset after . I made room on my phone by deleteing playlist etc. I ve hooked it up to zune and added more space .So you see Ive tried everything, CAN SOMEONE ADVISE SOMETHING I DID'NT TRY??/

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen to me yesterday. It wasn't the first time either. I think it's an issue on Microsoft's side. Last time I just waited it out. I haven't tried it since last night.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen to me yesterday. It wasn't the first time either. I think it's an issue on Microsoft's side. Last time I just waited it out. I haven't tried it since last night.
I know . MIne started yesturday as well . Your the 1st and only person to experience this. I was on the phone with tier 1 and 2 Support and tier 2 ( Warrenty) said do a hard reset . They even shut my device down and turned it back on with no results.

Could you and anyone else who reads this try to use bing Voice Search or Voice Text to see how wide spread this is?

Thank you kindly

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Both my wife and my phones both that the issue. They started this past Saturday (3/24/12).
ITCRACK .. thank you soo much my friend. I am starting to belieave that there are far more people affected but they have not tried it yet.I dont want to do a hard reset if the cause is wide spread.

IF ANYONE READS THIS POST PLEASE STOP AND SEE IF YOUR BING VOICE SEARCH' or VOICE TEXT IS WORKING ?? if not please post

THANK YOU MY FRIENDS

awmu

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
same deal

My HTC Radar windows phone started doing this past weekend as well (around 3/24). I'm on cincinnati bell's network. Glad to see that I'm not the only one having this issue.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My HTC Radar windows phone started doing this past weekend as well (around 3/24). I'm on cincinnati bell's network. Glad to see that I'm not the only one having this issue.
awmu.. A million thanks for taking out the time. Tech Support is not aware of the scope , the cause or how to fix it.

PLease make a call ( as I did and will again ) to let them know my friend.

I appreciate everyones input( smile)

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine's not working either.

EDIT: ... and fiance's is not working either.

Had to persuade her to go WP7 and not iPhone. I wear the dunce hat.

slinysus

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I too am on Cincinnati Bell's service and was ready to call and cuss them out. Good thing I checked here and found it's not just me and my wife having the same problem nor is it Cincinnati Bell's fault. Hopefully this gets fixed as the Voice to Text is a very useful tool for me.

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here in Williamsport PA (Central Pennsylvania) on ATT. Just started over the weekend. Will not work on Cellular data, but will on wifi through comcast.

ATT support was useless although i did reset my phone (Titan) and it did not fix it.

Zaisaroni

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Had issues with it earlier today in the car and then at home around noon. Wifi or H+ connection. Now late at night, it's fine...

Too much traffic from all the phones the gave away this weekend?

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here in Williamsport PA (Central Pennsylvania) on ATT. Just started over the weekend. Will not work on Cellular data, but will on wifi through comcast.

ATT support was useless although i did reset my phone (Titan) and it did not fix it.
THANKS LWILLITS123 ... I agree With you Both Att and HTC told me to Hard Reset as well .I appreciete you for diving in . T

his is day 4 and I've tried everything ( see 1st Post)

EVERYONE PLEASE CONTACT ATT AND HTC AND LET THEM KNOW THAT THE HARD RESET DOES NOT WORK!!!

Thanks Guys for your particiapation

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
As rude as this may sound...I just wanted to say...I'm GLAD other people are having this problem as well. :) I updated 3 phones to the 8107 update using the CAB method and thought for sure that had something to do with voice to text not working. Having heard others having issues as well, I can relax in knowing it's not just me (us). On the flip side, I miss it.

I'll tweet Windows Phone Support too...

brooose#CB

Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
I thought there was something wrong with the way I set up my phone. I have an ATT branded Titan and I am using it on Straight Talk. My phone will not talk to Windows Live, or Xbox live when on cellular but works fine on wifi. I can only download apps from the Marketplace while on wifi. Once I have downloaded them, any apps that use data work fine on cellular. It just appears that any communication with Microsoft's Live services doesn't work on cellular but does on Wifi.

pissyjoe

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
We're sorry, we can't access the network

HTC Radar 4G - T-Mobile.....seem to be getting the same thing. It has to be microsofts problem. I'm in the Chicago area

pissyjoe

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
HTC Radar 4G - T-Mobile.....seem to be getting the same thing. It has to be microsofts problem. I'm in the Chicago area
Although I just tried it with my Wi-Fi network turned off, and it works fine. With that being said, it was working fine last week with the wi-fi on. Go figure.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine isn't working on Cellular, though admittedly haven't tested it on just plain WiFi. Been chatting with WindowsPhoneSupport on Twitter and they had me clear browser history and do a battery pull and test on Cellular (didn't work). Then they wanted me to put it in airplane mode and enable just WiFi, but can't at the moment. Maybe someone here can try? Also, what version of the OS? 7720 (Mango) or 8107 (Mango Patched)? If patched, official or CAB updated? (I know, AT&T Titans won't be 'official'...but I digress)

Last edited:

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to read about all of the people who are having issues. I just tried voice text and bing voice search both off wifi and on and it worked. My wife's Focus S worked too.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Focus Flash (8107 Cab Update)
Net10 AT&T Sim Card
Abilene Texas

Wifi works for Bing Search and Speech to Text

Cell Data does work for Speech for Text

But does not work for "Speech Searching" - returns "We can't connect to search right now Check your Cellular Data or Wifi Connection"

also reported in this thread has well..

http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-discussion/188787.htm

Same has it was yesterday..
Started over the weekend has well..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)