techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Focus Flash (8107 Cab Update)
Net10 AT&T Sim Card
Abilene Texas

Wifi works for Bing Search and Speech to Text

Cell Data does work for Speech for Text

But does not work for "Speech Searching" - returns "We can't connect to search right now Check your Cellular Data or Wifi Connection"

also reported in this thread has well..

http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-discussion/188787.htm

Same has it was yesterday..
Started over the weekend has well..

Cool. Out of curiosity...how long ago did you update to the 8107 via CAB? My first thought was 'Crap, when I updated on Sunday, it messed up TellMe', but seeing as many many others are having issues, I began to calm down about that.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
HEY Fellow Titans ,

I cannot thank you all enough for your input.

I discovered [,thanks to the fine folks at WPCentral] ( Thanks for the shout out ) that the Microsoft " TELL ME" feature was indeed the culprit.

I am happy to say that both the ' Bing Search Voice " & " Voice to Text" is Working( SMILE)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
how long ago did you update to the 8107 via CAB?

This weekend when I cab updated to 8107, problem started this weekend has well. Just like other's have reported do not think that is related to 8107 at all..Because people that have the 7720 update's have had the problem has well.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I too can confirm that all of the voice functions are now working for me as well. Thanks Bjfcm for getting this ball started!

I've let Windows Phone Support know too on Twitter. Wonder if we will know what happened. :D

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used it this afternoon as I don't at work, but I probably use it 3-4 times a day. it worked to open apps, but it wouldn't search for me. Funny they mentioned OHIO in the front page...I have no idea why that would be regionalized but count me as one of the members!

I had the issue I thought on Friday, when trying to search for Hunger Game show times, but I thought it fixed because later when I could open the Flixster App...then it didn't work multiple times over the weekend as well (remember getting upset Sunday). My initial memory of the 1st failure is most likely incorrect though if everyone is saying Saturday.

It was not a TITAN issue, as I am a Focus (1)

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I too can confirm that all of the voice functions are now working for me as well. Thanks Bjfcm for getting this ball started!

I've let Windows Phone Support know too on Twitter. Wonder if we will know what happened. :D

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
My pleasure.. I could'nt have done without you guys

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be fixed today..

Cell Data Find is Working this morning along with Bing Maps has well..No messages about unable to connect to network..Unlike the past few days..

brooose#CB

Aug 9, 2002
Visit site
Bing maps still can't access the network for me. Neither can Bing search and on cellular, my phone can't access any Live services or download apps.

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Bing maps still can't access the network for me. Neither can Bing search and on cellular, my phone can't access any Live services or download apps.

Not sure if this'll help...but...maybe cleare your browsing history and do a battery pull? Just something MS suggested to me when working with them yesterday...

coollc

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Since about 7 days ago I have been attempting to use the Voice search tool and also the search button at the buttom that opens up the bing search window and when I use speech or type a query it shows an error message that says.."We can't connect to search right now. Check your cellular data or wifi connection.
It works ony when I am connected using wifi but it won't using cellular data.
I have a sumsung focus S i937.

coollc

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I found the fix. I use my Samsung Focus S model i937 with AT&T GoPhone prepaid service and I had to input the APN setting myserlf.
I left the Proxy Server/URL and Proxy port blank. Now I don't get the problem any more.

Actual settings are:
APN: wap.cingular
User name: wap@cingulargprs.com
password: cingular1
Proxy server/URL: blank
Proxy port: blank

I'm back a happy windows phone 7 user.

cfuess2

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
StraightTalk - Cellular Communication with Microsoft Services

I thought there was something wrong with the way I set up my phone. I have an ATT branded Titan and I am using it on Straight Talk. My phone will not talk to Windows Live, or Xbox live when on cellular but works fine on wifi. I can only download apps from the Marketplace while on wifi. Once I have downloaded them, any apps that use data work fine on cellular. It just appears that any communication with Microsoft's Live services doesn't work on cellular but does on Wifi.

I've noticed this too and I think it has to do with the APN. If you modify the internet APN and remove the value in the proxy setting and the port setting it will work again. This is different from the settings StraightTalk tells you to use. I've also noticed though that the data speeds don't seem as fast. :(

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I have it here too I reported it to AT&T they told me to do a master reset I said no way about a year ago this happened and the network was down world wide

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have it here too I reported it to AT&T they told me to do a master reset I said no way about a year ago this happened and the network was down world wide

Same situation here

I'm having the same thing happen to me right now. I have an HTC 8X on Verizon. Good to see I'm not alone.

Yep. Couldn't access the store this afternoon or voice search now. This is on two different phones.

i don't doubt that the issue is back, but you all realize this thread is from May 2012. When it was down before, it was a server issue that just took them a day or so to get running again. I read a report a couple weeks back that MS was updating to some new equipment that is supposed to quicken the speed of voice calculations..maybe they ran into an issue during roll out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)