Pictures taken with your Lumia 900 post em here

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or does the Lumia 900 struggle not only with low light, but also with blacks. It seems that no matter what lighting, there is a lot of noise in black colors.

nascarnate326

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Was the last pic of the dash board in low light with flash? Overall how has this camera met you expectations?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Yes the dash picture was in no light with flash.

Camera is just fine for me. Im not one of those people that expect SLR pictures from a hundred dollar camera either.

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
hey i found out where the problem was. you know when i take a picture, it uploads to my sky drive and then i was downloading them from sky drive but when i take a picture and email it to myself, then its much more better with higher resolution.
why sky drive doing this?

When WP uploads or auto uploads to skydrive it doesn't do it at full res. It down res it, i think for ease of use on data purposes. It's always been like this. If you want to upload a picture at full res use the skydrive app. It will upload it at full res all the time.

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Panoramic using nokia creative studio

PhotoChooser-b6b9e33b-a082-4c72-8f8a-42c4f77d63f5.jpg

PhotoChooser-a69cde36-4fba-49ac-a51a-ecc9ecc156c6.jpg

Last edited:

androsooner

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
So far I have mixed feelings about the camera. It isn't as good as I had hoped but after I started using the tap to focus instead of the shutter button, I have been having much better results.

Here are some photos from my Lumia, I was using and HTC Evo 4g and the 900 is certainly MUCH better than the Evo.

The last pic was taken in full darkness.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
So far I have mixed feelings about the camera. It isn't as good as I had hoped but after I started using the tap to focus instead of the shutter button, I have been having much better results.

Here are some photos from my Lumia, I was using and HTC Evo 4g and the 900 is certainly MUCH better than the Evo.

The last pic was taken in full darkness.

this just proves that its user error with the button that people are shooting sh!t pics. The only reason your pics got better is because you werent using the button

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Thing they need to work on with the camera:

yellow tint in middle of screen (very obvious taking picture of white paper)
Low light photos are terrible, very grainy and noisy
Macro Mode with small targets (wasn't able to take a picture of a little plant bulb)
Faster picture taking, there is a noticeable few second lag before picture is taken
SOMEHOW get rid of the washed out effect

Generally good in bright natural light and flash is quite useful.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i don't know if this has been posted already but if you take a picture then use autofix it looks 100 times better on every photo i took i did this with it and it looks just as good as my wifes iphone 4s its almost like other phones autofix behind the scenes and the lumia doesn't just spits out raw junk but autofix it and walla it looks really good i will post my pics that i auto fixed...

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
well my N900 (running a 5 mp cam) took way better pics...Lumia 900's camera is just average...managed to take these 2 pics today....they're okay I guess

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well my N900 (running a 5 mp cam) took way better pics...Lumia 900's camera is just average...managed to take these 2 pics today....they're okay I guess

your second picture is nice but that first one is not better than the lumia sorry its all washed too and lumia i found that if you autofix on those types it improves it 100% but your palm tree photo is really nice thats almost pro there.

nokiaqueen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
your second picture is nice but that first one is not better than the lumia sorry its all washed too and lumia i found that if you autofix on those types it improves it 100% but your palm tree photo is really nice thats almost pro there.

ok first picture auto fixed...didn't really help much..lotta noise in the background..

Also, thanks, yea palm trees do look pretty nice..just wasn't able to capture the sunset accurately :dry

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I took this picture at the Cleveland Aquarium on Wednesday. I thought it was good, considering the fact I was shooting it through glass and water.

WP_000020.jpg

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Seems as though the Auto-fix Feature Washed them out. Eh! I'm happy with the camera, They look good on my iPad.

Pictures 3 and 4 are Macro. Completely forgot how to work it, or where to find the Macro Setting. Finally remembered, and took the picture. I am happy with the result, looks really good. IN MY OPINION :D

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, there are some decent pics here...i have checked all the pics on page 4...and the general quality is pretty good.

So? As mentioned earlier, are people taking dicky pictures because of the 900 camera or are they taking dicky pictures because they don't quite know how to use the camera?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb