Pictures taken with your Lumia 900 post em here

firepromaster

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Here's some photos I took at Texas Frightmare Weekend. The DeLorean!! Photo with Tony Todd. With "Rowdy" Roddy Piper poking my eyes and him laughing when he really did it. Some dolls and toys we bought. A photo of my girlfriend and I at a Whataburger outside the event and using the front facing camera.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Here's some photos I took at Texas Frightmare Weekend. The DeLorean!! Photo with Tony Todd. With "Rowdy" Roddy Piper poking my eyes and him laughing when he really did it. Some dolls and toys we bought. A photo of my girlfriend and I at a Whataburger outside the event and using the front facing camera.

Holy crap! Was that Candyman??? He scared the ish outta me when I was a kid! LOL And why isn't Rowdy wearing a kilt?

firepromaster

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes Candyman, also Ben from Night of the Living Dead 1990 version, the Fallen from Trasnformers Revenge of the Fallen. These guys are sitting there for 8 plus hours and then had q&a's to do. They mostly just dress comfortably, but they are so nice and very talkative and really listen also. I had a great experience with every last person I went to meet. Plus Tony is huge. I am 6'2" 265 lbs. and he was hunching over slightly!!

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I can save my camera settings okay.
I found the save settings... I guess the update pop that in there so at least that is good. Also, been doing some shots with tapping the screen with some better results with compositions with lots of back lighting. I guess I'll have to do more shooting with this to get the feel. Happy picture taking!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Hey everyone, I was wondering if we all can start posting pics with settings? That way we all can give them a try and perhaps give advice back on taking great pics. I believe our 900s are perfectly capable of taking wonderful pics, but we have to accept that it can't be done through auto settings.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Just took this one.
temporary-69.jpg

firepromaster

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just the above pics. Was too excited to worry about changing settings that weekend. I have changed ISO up to 400. Definitely use different settings for different situations. Auto doesn't work as good as it should yet.

jddesigned

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I was screwing around on my way home the other day. Some are straight from camera, some are "Auto Fix' and the processed looking ones are Fantasia Painter HDR.

Straight from camera:
temporary-15.jpg

temporary-12.jpg

temporary-8.jpg

temporary.jpg

temporary-7.jpg

Auto Fix:
temporary-14.jpg

temporary-13.jpg

temporary-4.jpg

Fantasia HDR:
temporary-18.jpg

temporary-17.jpg

temporary-10.jpg

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Nice pictures Charlyee!

Are you the same Charlyee from Treo Central? We both got Treo Pro's close to the release date?
Thank you. :)

Yes, the same charlyee. Lol

I thought your name sounded familiar, of course now I remember. So now we both have the Lumia 900, close to the release date also? That's neat if it is so.

Great minds I guess. :D

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this phone will take great shots. You've just gotta mess with it. Like a real camera. It's not boob-proof like an iPhone or whatever. I've found that for most shots setting the ISO to 200, the Exposure to something like 1 to 5 and Focus Mode to Macro. Yeah I know, Macro. Not kidding. It works. I took like 400 pics with me and my wife at Epcot the other day and they turned out fantastic. The only time those settings aren't pretty much perfect are when the light is low. 200 is just too low of an ISO for low light. Like I said, you have to adjust this phone to get the best shots out of the camera. It's not a bad camera at all. It's very good if set up right. And most of the shots on this thread prove that.
-joe-

Oridus

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this phone will take great shots. You've just gotta mess with it. Like a real camera. It's not boob-proof like an iPhone or whatever. I've found that for most shots setting the ISO to 200, the Exposure to something like 1 to 5 and Focus Mode to Macro. Yeah I know, Macro. Not kidding. It works. I took like 400 pics with me and my wife at Epcot the other day and they turned out fantastic. The only time those settings aren't pretty much perfect are when the light is low. 200 is just too low of an ISO for low light. Like I said, you have to adjust this phone to get the best shots out of the camera. It's not a bad camera at all. It's very good if set up right. And most of the shots on this thread prove that.
-joe-

That being said, most people that get this phone don't know wtf ISO is or how changing an exposure value can brighten a picture. You shouldn't have to tweak it constantly to get even "good" pictures. This isn't a Mark III on manual mode with some random prime L lens and a Speedlight 580EXII flash.... this is a cell phone... it SHOULD be noob proof.

Just my two cents.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
That being said, most people that get this phone don't know wtf ISO is or how changing an exposure value can brighten a picture. You shouldn't have to tweak it constantly to get even "good" pictures. This isn't a Mark III on manual mode with some random prime L lens and a Speedlight 580EXII flash.... this is a cell phone... it SHOULD be noob proof.

Just my two cents.
Then there are people like me who are too lazy and just leave everything on Auto.

I do have to say that with a little bit of effort, it takes good pictures on auto as well IMHO. :)

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

Just my two cents.

Then there are people like me who are too lazy and just leave everything on Auto.

I do have to say that with a little bit of effort, it takes good pictures on auto as well IMHO. :)

That is true. It's a camera phone. We shouldnt have to tweak it to get great pics. But what good are the extra settings that software gives us? Honestly, if it weren't for this phone, I would have never researched ISO, metering, and other settings available to us. I love that this phone is becoming more like a real camera. I used to hate how people say "this is a phone, if you want good pics take your point and shoot or dslr with you". I don't want to carry two devices with me, though. Well Nokia is showing with its awesome camera phones that we may no longer need those extra gadgets any longer (at least a point and shoot, for now).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077