Is there a LED Message/Missed-Call Indicator in Lumia 900

tintin123456

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Is there a LED Message/Missed-Call Indicator in Lumia 900?

AT&T Reps, do you know about this?

There is no LED indicator in Lumia 800. But, not having a multi-color (or, at least white) LED indicator is an absolute deserter. There is no way to know if I missed a call, or if I have received e-mails in my business Outlook or personal Yahoo account.

Thanks,
Tintin

FiveOhFour504

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Why its not available in WP 7.5? Isn't LED indicator an essential feather? Why Nokia didn't wrote an native app? This is really a deal-breaker.

Tintin
The iPhone doesn't have a LED indicator per say, but better than that my 4s has a LED flash, and in the accessibility menu you can assign the camera flash to go off for calls and notifications as well, i love it.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Why its not available in WP 7.5? Isn't LED indicator an essential feather? Why Nokia didn't wrote an native app? This is really a deal-breaker.

Tintin

Oh Please Give me a break you're not buying a phone because it doesnt have a led indicator light for missed calls and messages and you dont have any other inicator. When you poiwer the phone on the lockscreen how many missed calls messages and emails you have are waiting for you!

Last edited:

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh Please Give me a break you're not guying a phone because it doesnt have a led indicator light for mised cals and messages and you dont have anyother inicator. When you poiwer the phone on the lockscreen how many missed calls messages and emails you have waiting for you!

^This^

The lockscreen will show you your missed calls, messages, and e-mails. Stop being lazy. You don't need a freakin' LED indicator. I'm tired of phones with those. That feels more old school to me. Traveling around with a blinking light? Really? I'm not up for that.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
There's has been chatter about Nokia getting it's standby screen system thingie (it has it's own name but can't remember it) to it's Windows Phones where you will see clock, txt messags, calls, emails etc always on the screen.

Clock and the notifications move on the screen every other minute and this is of course only on the Nokia phones with AMOLED screens. Love that feature on my N9 as i personally don't like the LED, but wanna know what i have without even going to lockscreen.

That said i do understand why many would prefer LED.

All the notifications appear below clock if there are any.
n9colors.jpg

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I did like the indicator on my Pre+ because it was subtle, but I really don't want a blinking light on my phone. It bothers me enough that my Trophy has one that lights up when I plug it in. Lol. But it should be a feature at least, I just hope if/when it comes it is able to be disabled.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the OP. If you've used a Blackberry along with an app like BeBuzz, it's one of the first things you miss on a competing platform. I can tell exactly what has happened on my phone from across the room without having to go get it, pick it up, and turn it on. Every critical app has its own LED color, flash pattern, notification sound & type. My common contacts each have the same. My Titan has a front-facing LED. Why is it so hard to use it for more than a charging indicator? I can understand that some people may not want it, but give devs API access to control it, or at least give an on/off switch in the OS to use it for some sort of basic notification functionality. I'll never understand how Blackberry has has this since the dawn of the smartphone, but no one else can seem to get it.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I had that on some windows mobile devices but I got over not having it quickly and I am fine with the setup for WP as it is now. Its not that big of a deal for me. You are entitled to your opinion for sure but if its a dezzl breaker get an HTC Titan II I believe that they have a blinking indicator light!

SleepyTheDon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
No there is not one & i am so pissed because i did not do my F******* research & i assumed because I switched from VZW & the Trophy to the damn Lumia... NOT HAPPY :-(

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I miss the indicator on my L900 primarily for the battery charging status (red or green). Never know if the phone is charging/charged without waking up and gazing at the icon. Would never want an indicator for texts/emails (too many) but calls would be ok.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

bladebarrier

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
No LED Pisses Me Off

It's such an obvious feature for many of us that used to use RIM devices (I'm not suggesting they invented it, but it became a requirement to blackberry users).

My Droid X has one. The iPhone I used to own was scrapped rather quickly because the notification was terrible. The E5 Nokia I own has one (albeit basic, but it works). RIM had it down to a science. The thing is, not everyone wants to have to constantly check their phone to see if they missed an email, text, or call. When it's sitting out on a desk, or some place where you store it overnight, you don't really want to constantly pick it up to check if a text came through. Many devices let you adjust the settings so that you can pick a color for texts, a different one for email, and yet another for a missed call. Something that probably costs very little in manufacturing is very important to a lot of people that rely on the visual cue. The best part is, if you don't like it, you can just disable it, on those devices. Everybody wins. But blaming the posters for being lazy because they keep their device on vibrate, and don't always want it in their pocket? That's just absurd. A part that costs less than a dollar to implement is a very reasonable requirement for many of us. Honestly, I would rather have an LED to notify me of missed messages than have a crummy camera attached to my phone. If I want to take a picture, I'll use a proper camera. I also opted out of a webcam on my laptop, in exchange for a more sophisticated wifi antenna. I guess some of us use these things for productivity, and not purely as toys.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Granted I understand people want the option of LED, I guess I'm just glad that's something I never got into. Lots of times it would be irritating to see my light go off constantly after I checked everything. And don't get a voicemail and not check it. I just find it annoying

hc_1540

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I hate the one on my work-supplied Blackberry. It almost begs you to look at it and distracts you from what you're doing. Conversely, the one on my One S is set back in the earpiece grill so you can barely see it. Not sure why they bothered to be honest.

Personally it's not a deal breaker for me but I can see why some people would like it

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I hate the one on my work-supplied Blackberry. It almost begs you to look at it and distracts you from what you're doing. Conversely, the one on my One S is set back in the earpiece grill so you can barely see it. Not sure why they bothered to be honest.

Personally it's not a deal breaker for me but I can see why some people would like it

I switched over to Lumia 900s from my HTC One X, and not having an indicator light has been a plus for me. Even tho it's rather subtle like hc_1540 said, in the middle of the night the blinking could still distract me. This is one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" decisions for phone makers. Either way you're gonna alienate some people.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't want to derail the topic but what's the one thing you miss from the One X?

That's easy: the screen resolution. The Lumia's screen is great for outdoors and I appreciate the rich colors and deep blacks, but sometimes (usually when browsing the web) I really miss the higher res. One reason I'm very eager to get a 920! (I'll sneak in a 2nd thing: sound quality. HOX is both richer and louder. The 900s ok, but I did get spoiled. I wonder how the 920 will fare?)

Overall NO regrets on my decision, but there's almost always some compromise with a switch. :happy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle