pre order through AT&T or buy at best buy?

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
So what are you guys thinking or what are ya doing? My thoughts are these AT&T pre-order gets you the phone two days earlier, but best buy gives you that awesome insurance which I might consider. So where you guys getting this beauty?

PS forgot best buy also offers buy back for when the nolkia apollo phone arrives...

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
well best buy replaces your phone even if its in a million pieces no questions asked the insurance good luck. Best buy has no deductible the reg insurance 50 dollars for a replacement

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
plus best buy just gives you the $450 retail price as in store credit to be used on a new phone of your choice, insurance sends you a refurb.

kaskin2-6.0

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess Best Buy sounds like the way to go. Does anyone know if best buy will be receiving the lumia as early as the 6th like the AT&T stores?

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So what are you guys thinking or what are ya doing? My thoughts are these AT&T pre-order gets you the phone two days earlier, but best buy gives you that awesome insurance which I might consider. So where you guys getting this beauty?

PS forgot best buy also offers buy back for when the nolkia apollo phone arrives...

What insurance is that?

Also I'll be in NYC this weekend, does anyone know if I can get one at an AT&T store there? Maybe Friday night at the launch party? http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-having-lumia-900-launch-party-new-york-city-friday

The stores are closed here Sunday.

Thanks

caspian1010

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
well best buy replaces your phone even if its in a million pieces no questions asked the insurance good luck. Best buy has no deductible the reg insurance 50 dollars for a replacement
That is not at all the experience my wife had with BestBuy/GeekSquad's "Black Tie" insurance. When her phone broke, we had to mail it in, pay a "diagnostic fee" (although it was later refunded to us), and wait 30 days for the repair. Best Buy would NOT supply a "loaner" phone in the meantime. As it turned out, the phone could not be repaired and Best Buy elected to replace the phone with a "similar-quality" model, as opposed to sending us a gift card so that she could purchase the new phone she wanted. It was genuinely not a good experience, especially since the in-store salesman pitched the plan to us as being the awesome thing you describe.

FYI, here's the full terms and conditions right from Best Buy/Geek Squad:
http://www.geeksquad.com/uploadedFi...s/black_tie/1941-0230921-terms-conditions.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo