My new Lumia 900 is in the house.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
First thing that I noticed is the build quality isn't as good as the lumia 800. The screen is not bubbled its flat and its covered by a separate piece of plastic. It is heavy but feels really good. I like the weight, makes it feel substantial. The screen is extremely clear and crisp.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
How do you like your Lumia 900?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I got the black one and love the screen more than anything else. I owned the 800 and really wanted at least a 4 inch screen. The 800 was already almost perfect for me. This one is just outstanding. I love it!

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I got the black one and love the screen more than anything else. I owned the 800 and really wanted at least a 4 inch screen. The 800 was already almost perfect for me. This one is just outstanding. I love it!

That's great to hear. I'm torn between the two and I'm not sure which way I'll go. Would you mind listing. Few of the pros and cons of each? It'll have to be an unlocked international version as I don't get AT&T's LTE where I live or go to school. I don't want a battery drain like that. Speaking of batteries, how's the battery life?

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That's great to hear. I'm torn between the two and I'm not sure which way I'll go. Would you mind listing. Few of the pros and cons of each? It'll have to be an unlocked international version as I don't get AT&T's LTE where I live or go to school. I don't want a battery drain like that. Speaking of batteries, how's the battery life?

Ive had it for two hours so I can't comment on the battery. For me the cons of the 900 are that there seems to be a lot of wasted space. The screen is a small portion of the front, and the phone is big enough to house a 4.6 plus screen. Its thick and heavy that could put of some people. Some pros is that it doesn't have the door covering the usb port. On my 800 the door wore out quickly and feels flimsy. Both cameras are awesome and take very clear pictures. The speaker on the 900 is better. I still like the size, feel, and build of the 800 better. It doesn't have a front camera and thats weird for the price. I like both but I would rather have the larger screen and no moving parts.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Ive had it for two hours so I can't comment on the battery. For me the cons of the 900 are that there seems to be a lot of wasted space. The screen is a small portion of the front, and the phone is big enough to house a 4.6 plus screen. Its thick and heavy that could put of some people. Some pros is that it doesn't have the door covering the usb port. On my 800 the door wore out quickly and feels flimsy. Both cameras are awesome and take very clear pictures. The speaker on the 900 is better. I still like the size, feel, and build of the 800 better. It doesn't have a front camera and thats weird for the price. I like both but I would rather have the larger screen and no moving parts.
How is the lag issue? I have read about lag from other posts and wondered if it could be due to open background apps. Any lag with multiple apps open in the background compared to only one app opened?

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
How is the lag issue? I have read about lag from other posts and wondered if it could be due to open background apps. Any lag with multiple apps open in the background compared to only one app opened?

I havent noticed any lag. Its just as smooth if not smoother than any other device I have ever used.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Every time I get a new phone I fully charge it and run it down with heavy use. I unplug at 7:00 A.M. and use them heavily. My iPhone 4 so far has been the best and got me to 9:00 PM, my iPhone 4s got me to 4:00 pm, my galaxy nexus to about 12:00, my nokia lumia 800 to about 3:00 pm, and so far its 7:30 and my lumia 900 is at 3% battery left. I would say that I am very satisfied with the battery life of this phone.

AndreaCristiano

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Every time I get a new phone I fully charge it and run it down with heavy use. I unplug at 7:00 A.M. and use them heavily. My iPhone 4 so far has been the best and got me to 9:00 PM, my iPhone 4s got me to 4:00 pm, my galaxy nexus to about 12:00, my nokia lumia 800 to about 3:00 pm, and so far its 7:30 and my lumia 900 is at 3% battery left. I would say that I am very satisfied with the battery life of this phone.

Definitely have to do this. Draining to zero and recharging to full condition the battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
How is the screen responsiveness?
What would you grade the device overall?

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
How is the screen responsiveness?
What would you grade the device overall?

Ive been waiting for this phone for awhile now. So I am still in the awestruck phase. The screen is responsive as I could expect. I noticed static pops when using headphones and switching from one song to another. I also don't like the feel of the buzzer, it feels cheap. It also my be a tad to heavy for my taste but thats minor.

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
The buzzer? The device itself?
I see you own a Lumia 800, if you had the choice to only keep one, which would it be? why?

Sorry for all the questions, really curious about the 900, hopefully will be my first smart phones (for an upcoming Electrical Engineer)

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Lol thank you. The vibrate feels cheap? hm....probably hard to feel with the weight of the device.

I didn't want to say vibrator. :) If I had to choose between the 800 and 900, I would take the 900 anyway. The battery outperforms, the screen is better, the screen is bigger, it has a from facing camera, and it supports LTE. The biggest negative is that it came in that crappy looking AT&T box. Opening the Lumia 800 was an emotional event.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb