Still no sign of a Verizon Lumia 900 huh?

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Sigh. AT&T is teh suck, and I keep hoping that there will be some sort of Lumia released on Verizon, but it seems like VZW has pretty much given up on WP7. I don't really blame them, but it's disappointing. I'd love the Lumia on Verizon.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I imagine we won't see a Windows Phone device on Verizon until Apollo hits, and even then, it'll probably just be one or two devices. Verizon is pretty enamored with its Android devices and gives them top priority, with the iPhone a close second.

Hopefully, if Windows Phone continues to garner support, Verizon can't ignore it for too long, like it did with the iPhone.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I am on the fence to switch from vzw as I live in a large metro area (pardon the pun) and the only way Verizon will realize that people want WP is through the wallet unfortunately.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Last word about Verizon and WP is that Verizon is going to only release LTE devices and since the WP platform lacks LTE devices Verizon passed on them. That wont mean that they wont support WP in the future, it only means that that are not currently supporting the platform but IMO that can change in the future. It's true that their current cash cow is Android and iPhone but with the way things go that can also change.

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Last word about Verizon and WP is that Verizon is going to only release LTE devices and since the WP platform lacks LTE devices Verizon passed on them. That wont mean that they wont support WP in the future, it only means that that are not currently supporting the platform but IMO that can change in the future. It's true that their current cash cow is Android and iPhone but with the way things go that can also change.

That was the report but the thing is....lumia 900 an titan 2 support lte.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
That was the report but the thing is....lumia 900 an titan 2 support lte.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

True but Verizon is probably not gearing up to support the WP7 platform at this time. Keep in mind that the Lumia 900 is an AT&T exclusives for now so is the Titan 2 . Just because they are LTE devices doesn't mean that Verizon is going to get them. Maybe down the road they will get their own WP LTE device that isn't necessarily Nokia.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Got the 900 exclusive because they were willing to throw money at it that Verizon wouldn't have. However, HTC and Verizon have a pretty good relationship, so if they really wanted the Titan II or a phone like it, I'm sure HTC would have been happy to cooperate.

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Verizon just want to repeat the same mistake they made with the iPhone. They like to be late to everything. I should know I work in a wireless store....
Rather than wait I voted with my wallet and jumped ship.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Verizon just want to repeat the same mistake they made with the iPhone. They like to be late to everything. I should know I work in a wireless store....
Rather than wait I voted with my wallet and jumped ship.

I mean, it's not really a mistake. I've still never seen a WP7 phone in the wild.

dacunto

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I mean, it's not really a mistake. I've still never seen a WP7 phone in the wild.
Ive seen quite a few here in Denver,CO. I actually am switching from Verizon to ATT due to the lack of any support for Windows Phone. Preordered my Lumina 900 on Friday, cant wait

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I think Verizon will base whether or not they will release the Lumia 900 based on how sales go with AT&T. If it sells very well they will release it, if not, no way.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Ive seen quite a few here in Denver,CO. I actually am switching from Verizon to ATT due to the lack of any support for Windows Phone. Preordered my Lumina 900 on Friday, cant wait

I spend 5/7 of my days on a college campus where it seems like the vast majority of the students have a smartphone, and I haven't seen a single WP7 device. I'm a fan, I've been looking for them, and I haven't seen them. That's worrying.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I spend 5/7 of my days on a college campus where it seems like the vast majority of the students have a smartphone, and I haven't seen a single WP7 device. I'm a fan, I've been looking for them, and I haven't seen them. That's worrying.

Honestly, I'm not a follower that's why I switched to WP7. When people see my phone they are amazed how different it is. I'm always asked by those who don't know, what type of phone it is and when I explain to them, they don't know or never heard of it. The way I see it, I like to keep on the cutting edge. I was rocking a blackberry when everyone had flip phones, i was on line in 2007 to get the first iPhone and I was laughed at (now everyone has iPhone's), I was the first to get Android back in 2009 (everyone now has Android). Fast forward to today, I know WP has been around since last year but I didn't want to make the jump till Mango was released. I just like staying two steps ahead of everyone.

Android is great but the fragmentation turned me off, iOS is great also but the OS is stale and never offeres anything radically new with each update. WP is a great fresh platform and I'm sure in time it will catch on. Operating systems usually take a minimum of two years to pick up momentum which we are seeing with the Lumia 900.

Last edited:

kenosando#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
AT&T basically went back to Microsoft and asked for LTE support, and Microsoft went to work and did it. VZW didn't bother, and will miss out on the first gen LTE WP7. Regardless of how many devices will support WP7, AT&T will always get the first draw because they were the early adopters who had trust in the platform.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
AT&T basically went back to Microsoft and asked for LTE support, and Microsoft went to work and did it. VZW didn't bother, and will miss out on the first gen LTE WP7. Regardless of how many devices will support WP7, AT&T will always get the first draw because they were the early adopters who had trust in the platform.

+1...This is exactly why I am switching to AT&T. If/when Verizon supports WP8, I think AT&T will still have the best selection. If not, I can change back in two years...lol

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
That is all about to change.

Mikes2nd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
That is all about to change.

exactly... THE PHONES NOT EVEN OUT YET...

of course you won't see it. You typical "sheep" consumer walks into AT&T/VZ and the guys goes "oh you want an Iphone!"...

WP7's havent been in those stores... seriously give it some time... for crying out loud.

Verizon is making a mistake, like they did with the iphone... They have dumb managment who must be fanbois(i'll bet its the google kickbacks though) :)

At least let them show a commercial and put some product on the shelves before you internet geniuses go "OMG WP7 is dead" :)

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
exactly... THE PHONES NOT EVEN OUT YET...

of course you won't see it. You typical "sheep" consumer walks into AT&T/VZ and the guys goes "oh you want an Iphone!"...

WP7's havent been in those stores... seriously give it some time... for crying out loud.

Verizon is making a mistake, like they did with the iphone... They have dumb managment who must be fanbois(i'll bet its the google kickbacks though) :)

At least let them show a commercial and put some product on the shelves before you internet geniuses go "OMG WP7 is dead" :)
I actually think WP 7 is going to be huge. Once Windows 8 is out and average consumers begin using the Metro UI they will see the Metro UI on the phone and feel more at home....Microsoft didn't get where it is by making giant mistakes. Just look at the Xbox....it could never beat Sony....now it outsells even Nintendo.

Window's Phone will just gain more ground.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Come to find out, unless I start paying my own cell phone bill I wont have a phone come October... Moms done forking out the $300 for the family plan. That might give me just a little window of being able to have my first WP device, depending on when and if Verizon even releases one. -_-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo