Considering exchanging my Galaxy Note for the Lumia 900

aewatsonsr77

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously considering exchanging my Galaxy Note for the Nokia Lumia 900 when it drops on the 8th. I love the Note but I previously had the Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G from Sprint and the Note is basically the same phone with a larger screen, except for the S pen which I rarely use. I've been intrigued by Windows Phone since its inception but I haven't seen a phone that would make me try it, until now. I actually left Verizon and the Droid Razr to get the Note so, as you can see, I'm a phone nut! I've had the IPhone 4 and a host of Android phones. I even used an upgrade with Sprint to get the Palm Pre the day it was released. Basically my question is are there any other people out there considering making this move also? I read these forums often but rarely post. Should I do it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I came from Android, and I promise you won't regret it. You'll especially love how amazing the virtual keyboard is on WP, unlike Android's.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i have a note right now which i traded my galaxy nexus for, and while it's a neat device, i really can't see it being my daily handset, it's just comically large.

but i've had a few windows phones over the past year or so and aside from the lack of some apps (namely some games)

i always enjoyed popping my sim into my focus and focus s from my various android handsets and reliving the experience of an OS that isn't always stuttering, lagging, or in need of the next os update to fix the bugs that weren't corrected in the previous os update. (not that windows phone is free of this, but there are far less bugs i've encountered in my daily use compared to android)

but then again, if it's not your cup of tea, you have 30 days, for people who want better specs or more "current" hardware in general, apollo is when you'll probably see msft come to parity with the competition.

but the ability to run as smoothly as 7.5 does on "dated" hardware is amazing.

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
Carry them both. I carry a Galaxy Note and a Focus S. I upgraded to the Note from a Galaxy S2 and to the Focus S from a Focus. I guess I like Samsung's phones.

The reasoning was because when Windows Phone was first launched, some apps I was using on my iPhone 4 were not available on the platform, but were available on Android. Hence, I started carrying two phones because I was tired of the iPhone.

As time passes, I am seeing more apps coming to Windows Phone, so I phase them out on the Android device. Sooner or later, I will be able to leave the Android ecosystem and be strictly Windows Phone.

The Galaxy Note, in my opinion is not oversized, but rather just right for me. The blogs have coined it a phablet (phone + tablet) for a reason. Phone functionality plus the ability to use the S Pen as a stylus for tablet like functions. The S Memo function especially.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Carry them both. I carry a Galaxy Note and a Focus S. I upgraded to the Note from a Galaxy S2 and to the Focus S from a Focus. I guess I like Samsung's phones.

The reasoning was because when Windows Phone was first launched, some apps I was using on my iPhone 4 were not available on the platform, but were available on Android. Hence, I started carrying two phones because I was tired of the iPhone.

As time passes, I am seeing more apps coming to Windows Phone, so I phase them out on the Android device. Sooner or later, I will be able to leave the Android ecosystem and be strictly Windows Phone.

The Galaxy Note, in my opinion is not oversized, but rather just right for me. The blogs have coined it a phablet (phone + tablet) for a reason. Phone functionality plus the ability to use the S Pen as a stylus for tablet like functions. The S Memo function especially.

this is what i was doing until i decided to start cleaning house and sell my focus s in preparation for my l900 (it sold in like 30 mins, which meant i haven't had a windows phone in my pocket for a couple weeks, which means i'm pretty stocked to get my 900 tomorrow and get back to windows phone.

the note is an awesome device for everything aside from using it as an actual phone, i still feel like an idiot whenever i put it up to my face, and i'm not a huge fan of all the attention it gets when i pull it out of my pocket either.

but the pen is pretty fun to use, my draw something drawings have gotten pretty detailed :p

i still think the 4-4.5" screen is the sweet spot for good visibility as well as portability/ergonomics.

i'm probably going to trade my note in for a one x once they are available in the states.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos