How to move contacts from IPhone 4s to Lumia 900?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia contact app worked very quickly from iPhone 4 to Lumia 900 over bluetooth. From reading this thread to downloading the app and synching contacts took all of 5 minutes.

its called "contacts transfer" available in the marketplace under nokia collection. i had to press pair on both phones simultaneously to get it to work.

newtondiscovery

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Move iPhone contacts to Lumia.

The easiest way if you use an iphone: is to back up contacts and calendars to outlook on windows computer or to ical and contacts on mac. Once done, you can import into your gmail account. windows live is great but its importing is poor. if you import the csv file to windows live it drops and scrambles information quite often. And you can scratch having contact photos. If you have a windows computer with outlook synced to icloud, you should be able to sync your outlook to windows live but i have not tried this method so not sure of its efficiency or functionality. I use a mac and found the simplest way is to export the vcards and then import to gmail. I also do this with multiple calendars to google calendars. About once a month I do it again. I have seen on discussion boards where windows phone for mac is contemplating adding the functionality to sync contacts and calendars similar to how windows sync did in the days of old. but this hasnt happened yet.

I had faced the same question when I had to move music files from iPhone PC and Apple iTunes fails to transfer those data. then I used third party File Transfer iPhone tool. The tool was powerful and embedded with user friendly guide. I used that and transfer all my music to PC. You may check the functionality of the iPhone File transfer. It helps you to move iPhone files from iPhone to Lumia and other devices.

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to transfer all my contacts from google to windows but before I do I am struggling to erase all my messed up contacts on windows live first. For some reason it wants be to delete one contact at a time.

Is there a work around?

hunainkhatri

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Easiest way;
1) Go to iCloud.com -> Contacts -> Select all -> Export .vcf
(You will notice the downloaded file is shown as your first contact name with numbers of total contacts, but only one file. Don't worry)
2) Open outlook.com -> People -> Import .vcf
3) Done

schiri

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have given my oldLumia 710, which i wiped first, to my gf as a spare backup to her employer-provided iPhone5.

The 550 contacts transferred seamlessly via Bluetooth transfer using the Lumia's Contacts Transfer app located under the Settings tab.

However now I cannot LOCATE them on the 710 ?!

I suspect i need to set up a Windows Live account for her on the Lumia now.

Am I correct ? I cannot try that immediately as she is in possession of the Lumia right now.

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett