(Official) I just got my Lumia 900

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my Lumia 900 for some reason is bringing up Bing even without me pressing anything, then after that, it brings up the Siri-like companion and everything freezes. Am I doomed?

WPQwester

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my Lumia 900 for some reason is bringing up Bing even without me pressing anything, then after that, it brings up the Siri-like companion and everything freezes. Am I doomed?

I think it might be a technical issue with your phone. Try turning of your phone for 5 minutes and turn it back on and see what happens!!

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
FedEx, YOU BLEW IT!!!
My phone was shipped yesterday, overnight fedex... I waited all day long. It said it was on the truck for delivery and now it says it went back to the fedex facility.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Took today off to go to Opening Day (Go O's!) and was hoping the phone would arrive before I left my apartment at noon... nope. I figured I would need to sign for it, so I got a little bummed thinking that I might now be able to play with the phone until Monday. But I sure as **** wasn't going to miss Opening Day, so I figured it would just have to wait.

When I got home around 7pm, a little cardboard box was waiting for me outside of my apartment! It was featureless - no markings, addresses, etc. I brought it in, opened it up, and there was the Lumia. I've been playing with it for a while.

The only annoyance so far is that I'll have to go to the AT&T store tomorrow morning to get my port sorted out - I spent 30 minutes on the phone with someone domestically, and then someone in India, trying to get my number transferred over, but since I had already used the sim card (it came pre-installed), I'll have to get another sim card to do the port? I don't know anything about sim cards - this is my first GSM phone - so tomorrow hopefully the AT&T store will get everything sorted out.

loudfish

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure why there are such mixed reviews for this phone. I have heard it's a phone for beginners. I have been with iOS for 5 years, yes all five. This is an unbelievable device, I really have to pay attention to notice the screen is a lower res. Everything in intuitive and works together. I wish I hadn't waited this long to switch. Hopefully the 900 creates a great install base so we get some more apps (Pandora?) Twas a long day of waiting for that big white truck, but it was more than worth it.

mihesq

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Was out of town and didn't get back till almost midnight, but the phone was waiting on my doorstep all day. Opened it up and found and already opened box with no microsim. I even checked the sim tray. I'm already an att member and bought the phone no contract. Any ideas why there wasn't a microsim?

augiekim

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you guys check AT&T My Rate Plan page?
I had used iPhone 3GS and now I got Lumia 900 and activated it.
But the AT&T web was still saying my phone is iPhone 3gs on it and I tried to change it to Lumia 900. But there was no Lumia 900 on the Nokia device list on change my device page and my data plan is empty space.

I'm wondering if I can keep my unlimited data plan for iPhone 3gs with my Lumia 900.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I've had mine since last night, and wow, the RGB screen is so much more crisp than the Pentile Venue Pro screen (despite being larger on the Lumia).

wpjoe

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
First Impressions

Got mine yesterday but still had to finish up some work last night prior to jumping in and fully enjoying the Nokia-fest with no nagging work hanging over my head...

I'm moving from an LG-E900 WP7 which has been a pretty damn good phone other than the worthless camera. So, here's the skinny:

The good:
- just absolutely black-hole-like blacks, deep, almost fell into the screen
- impressive screen size, really improves web browsing experience and video (Netflix, YouTube, etc...)
- feel: the polycarbonite feels awesome, like a single chuck of space shuttle ceramic tile
- build quality: superb, easily on par with iPhone 4 (had 2 phones ago)

The bad:
- haptic / vibrate is horrid, really really really bad, embarassingly bad, immediately tried to disable it
- as nice as the screen is, i was hoping the resolution would be a bit better. It's not bad but text does show some pixelation. Didn't expect Retina display but did expect a bit better...

The missing:
- app organizer / alpha grid listing like People alpha listing (not sure if this is OS or phone issue or if just needs to be turned on).
- all of my old apps!!!!! Zune doesn't seem to sync these. So not sure yet how to get all of the apps i paid for (and free) on my new phone.

UPDATE: app organizer just appeared as I installed another app which must have exceeded the threshold of apps to trigger this feature - my mistake #bonehead.

All in all, a bad *** phone...

Last edited:

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
- all of my old apps!!!!! Zune doesn't seem to sync these. So not sure yet how to get all of the apps i paid for (and free) on my new phone.

Go to windowsphone.com to find a list of all the apps you've ever installed. Then just hit reinstall on each one and it'll automatically install them on your phone. Very slick.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Go to windowsphone.com to find a list of all the apps you've ever installed. Then just hit reinstall on each one and it'll automatically install them on your phone. Very slick.

I wouldn't say slick. Slick would be if it automatically redownloaded everything from your previous device like other OSes I've used do. This is a workaround that is still annoying as ****. (There's also Reinstaller, but that's just as annoying).

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say slick. Slick would be if it automatically redownloaded everything from your previous device like other OSes I've used do. This is a workaround that is still annoying as ****. (There's also Reinstaller, but that's just as annoying).

I agree, like Android we should be able to install previous apps once we sign into a new device. I find it annoying that there is no option for mass select on windowsphone.com, instead you have to hit install on each app. Needs much improvement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo