Amazing Battery Life will be the Game Changer

wasonamit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am coming from Android and have used iOS for a few years.

Android battery life is horrible (even on Non LTE Devices).

I am sick of Turning off Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS on demand, so I can avoid charging my phone during the day, but nothing works

All the reviews for Lumia 900 mentions 36 hour battery life on LTE.

I am assuming all WIFI, GPS and Bluetooth Turned on ( I haven't seen any statements that they were On or Off)

This is an Absolute GAME CHANGER for me....

Share your experiences......

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from Android and have used iOS for a few years.

Android battery life is horrible (even on Non LTE Devices).

I am sick of Turning off Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS on demand, so I can avoid charging my phone during the day, but nothing works

All the reviews for Lumia 900 mentions 36 hour battery life on LTE.

I am assuming all WIFI, GPS and Bluetooth Turned on ( I haven't seen any statements that they were On or Off)

This is an Absolute GAME CHANGER for me....

Share your experiences......

You'll be absolutely surprised at how well the battery will last you. If I don't use the phone much in a day, it will last for at least a day and a half easy.

I too came from Android and would never look back. I will say, and I'm considering starting a post about this, you need to give yourself time to adjust. I thought I would never get the hang of the live tiles and the drastic changes in the OS, but when you finally 'let go' of the preconceptions you have about widgets and app shortcuts on multiple homescreens, the clouds part and it all begins to settle. :)

Hope you enjoy the OS!

wasonamit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You'll be absolutely surprised at how well the battery will last you. If I don't use the phone much in a day, it will last for at least a day and a half easy.

I too came from Android and would never look back. I will say, and I'm considering starting a post about this, you need to give yourself time to adjust. I thought I would never get the hang of the live tiles and the drastic changes in the OS, but when you finally 'let go' of the preconceptions you have about widgets and app shortcuts on multiple homescreens, the clouds part and it all begins to settle. :)

Hope you enjoy the OS!

Thanks for sharing your experience..

Did you have all WIFI GPS and Bluetooth ON ? for getting a day and a half...

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hope you enjoy the OS!

that was perfectly said dude...

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This is my first real day of use and I am disappointed in the battery: maybe 10 minutes of calls, decent amount (25-30) texts, an hour of music (most internal some Zune stream), light browsing and push Gmail (half the time before i flipped it off) and I reached 20% after 10 hours. I'm used to my Titan going 13 in the same setup.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm blown away by the battery life on the Lumia. Subconsciously, I kept worrying about putting the phone on a charger lest it run out of juice before the end of the day. But after a day of heavy use, the phone still had plenty of juice left in it! My iPhone 4 would have been nearly drained by a similar amount of use.

wasonamit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm blown away by the battery life on the Lumia. Subconsciously, I kept worrying about putting the phone on a charger lest it run out of juice before the end of the day. But after a day of heavy use, the phone still had plenty of juice left in it! My iPhone 4 would have been nearly drained by a similar amount of use.

so glad to hear your comment...I really really wish this is the case for all of us.

I am guessing you had all Bluetooth , gps and wifi on during th entire time....

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'll jump on the battery thread. It is actually pretty good in my opinion. I been on the phone all day for two days. Stream a few videos, texting, Facebook, download new apps. At the end of the day I was at 35 percent on WiFi. Off of WiFi the day before I ended the day 5 about 15 percent. Way better than any stock lte android device I've used.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i can also say the battery on mine is great i have bluetooth left on so it connects automatically to my car and computer i always leave the wifi on so it connects automatically and location services and mine still had about 15% at the end of the day i purposely did not charge it at all yesterday took it off the charger at 7am and made it until 3am like that so good for me. now i was not watching netflix but i did send abouty 30 tweets and about 15 facebooks and listen to zune while i was in the car

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll repeat what I mentioned in another post re: battery life.

I live in a LTE city and unplugged my phone at 7am yesterday. All day out and about, I had 2 email accts set to push, frequent People Hub peeks/refreshes, all afternoon I constantly was using the camera which was set to auto upload to Skydrive, I uploaded a few pics to Facebook, 20m phone call, frequent texts and sporadic email, used the browser just twice for a few mins (not a big web browser user), used Nokia Drive for a 15m journey with screen on the whole time, and finally almost an hour at the end of my day lost that hour of my life playing Wordament (addictive!).

I still had 36% battery left when I plugged back in at 1130pm.

A similar day using my Skyrocket I had to switch out the battery by 2pm.

Today, I've been on a photo taking rampage since 9am walking around downtown San Antonio. I've also was using Bing Maps for about 2 hours on and off to guide me around. I have been uploading pics to FB and checking People Hub off and on. That coupled with Skydrive auto upload on, I am at 76% as of 240p. I unplugged at 8am.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Battery life although a strongpoint for the Windows Phones but until recently had not been a good subject for Nokia. The third and last firmware update on the 800 seems to have finally resolved these issues and one would hope the 900 shipped without any battery issues.

I am not trying to convince anyone to go back to an iPhone but I think the recent firmware update it received seems to have made some massive improvements in battery life on that platform too.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I only Wi-Fi and GPS turned on. I don't have any Bluetooth devices so there was no reason to keep that on.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
mine lasted over 20 hrs yesterday, I took over 100 pictures, used nav, foursquare countless times and foodspotting, was at a car show 5 hrs from home. No charger, I'm sold on the battery life. Was on internet most of day... Nokia 900 me likey

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
If I can get 15+ hours, I'll be happy. With Bluetooth on, my Focus S drains like nothing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

wasonamit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
mine lasted over 20 hrs yesterday, I took over 100 pictures, used nav, foursquare countless times and foodspotting, was at a car show 5 hrs from home. No charger, I'm sold on the battery life. Was on internet most of day... Nokia 900 me likey

I am sold... This is consistently been proved by multiple posts that lumia 900 has great battery life even on lte

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I took mine off charging today morning at 9:00 am and still have 35% left with above average use on LTE/WiFi. My Slyrocket normally will start whining around 5 pm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro