Lumia 900 No Data on 3G/4G

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks... So my 2 900s are not working propertly then. Aghhhh this is not cool..

have you gone up to a corporate store to have them look at it just to make sure i do know that when they first switched my data plan it was 4g only showing on it and was on the phone with going nuts becasue of course they tried to tell me i was not going to get unlimited but after going off they had a manager override and give me back my unlimited with LTE after they did that the LTE icon showed and the 4G went away.

Darth Lumia

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
have you gone up to a corporate store to have them look at it just to make sure i do know that when they first switched my data plan it was 4g only showing on it and was on the phone with going nuts becasue of course they tried to tell me i was not going to get unlimited but after going off they had a manager override and give me back my unlimited with LTE after they did that the LTE icon showed and the 4G went away.

I won't have a chance to go untill monday.. Coming from Verizon where everything is automatic as far as data plans on phones, this has been a huge dissapointment. How hard can it be to just provision the phones right away without having us customers call and make sure that they did their job? :straight: SMH

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i agree and i have been with att for 10 years and in the past when you get a phone you just cut it on and everything is already there i have idea whats going on with this, i even told the reps that whats the deal in the past when we bought phones it came with the sim installed and you just power on no need to call with all this provisioning if we selected everything online oh well everyone has a bad day but att is normally good with this. once i got someone that new what they were doing it was all fine even the rep said why did the other person do with they did.

dangish

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I won't have a chance to go untill monday.. Coming from Verizon where everything is automatic as far as data plans on phones, this has been a huge dissapointment. How hard can it be to just provision the phones right away without having us customers call and make sure that they did their job? :straight: SMH
Because it involves non LTE and LTE plans and SIM cards. Micro LTE sim cards are NEW. Just call. More advantages to Sim Card phones than non. Also... First world problems.

fourg63

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
For some reason AT&T forgot to add my previous data and messaging plans to this phone. Coming from a Samsung Captivate this should've been a seamless transition. When I logged into my online account it showed my phone as unrecognized device with my data and messaging packages missing. I was forced to call AT&T and the rep was unaware that this phone even existed. After 45min with ATT support I think the issue has been resolved. This phone has been excellent thus far, albeit I do have a few minor gripes, but I'm straying way off topic here. I don't think ATT prepared well for the launch of this phone.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered my phone in-store last Sunday, for delivery to store yesterday. When I pre-ordered, my rep switched my unlimited plan to LTE unlimited. When my new phone came in, it was all set out of the box. A few taps on his keyboard and my rep said my new phone was active and ready. Took 5 minutes. Have only seen LTE on my screen since yesterday. About 7.5Mbps inside the house and 15Mbps outside. Friggin amazing.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This just happened to my Lumia, it worked yesterday and part of today. Then all of a sudden the lte indicator disappeared and didn't come back. Called ATT they couldn't fix it so the guy told me to reset my phone. After reset it came back

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Here was my issue in an LTE market. It was working great. Then, even though it had 5 bars of LTE it stopped working (i.e., my ability to use data, even though the phone continued to show a strong 5 bar connection and with the LTE indicator). Also, when I went out of the city to a "4G" market with 4G on the indicator it still could not access the Internet. Then, later in the day back in the LTE area, the indicator completely died. The phone could access the internet on WIFI fine, but not on LTE or 4G. I was on the phone with the special tech support area for LTE and everything was set correctly, data was on, WIFI was off, etc. Finally, we did a complete reset of the phone and the data is working again.

The tech support person said I was the 2nd Lumia owner today with exactly the same problem and the only thing that worked to fix it was a reset. He was going to call the first Lumia owner back later to see if theirs was continuing to work after the reset or if the problems began to recur. He did confirm, by the way, that LTE and 4G was not down where I was so it appears to perhaps be either a software problem with the phone and/or a radio issue.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Same happened to me today in Boston.....I went to AT&T and had to reset to get data back.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Not reboot...hard reset...factory reset.....lose everything and start over.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how much my experience relates to the OP's problem, because the store person should/would have known, but: Any time you insert a sim card into a new/different phone, att has to switch you over. You can make phone calls, but data services will not work until you are granted permission by att, the owner of your card. This is done routinely when you get the new phone from a store because your salesperson has to call att to activate your phone.

I learned this when I thought I'd be able to use an unlocked BlackBerry Pearl as a weekend device, or whenever I preferred to carry a tiny phone in my jeans change pocket. I was able to use the phone, but if I wanted to use my data plan for mail or anything else, I had to call att each time I wanted to switch back and forth. I returned the BB.

It may be that for those getting 900s through the mail, you may need to call att to get switched over and activate a data plan (and perhaps to get socked for the usual theft: the activation fee).

Good luck to all in getting past these early challenges, which you will. :)

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
For those who are switching from non LTE phones, please make sure you call AT&T and setup the plans properly as LTE is a totally independent network from UMTS. Everything needs to be provisioned correctly on the new network for data to work. VOice may work fine as it still uses UMTS.

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
SOC code, no luck

I moved from a Titan to the 900. I had data yesterday on my 900 but since I got up I haven't had any luck. I got through to tier 1 tech support and couldn't find anything wrong on AT&Ts side. I put my microsim into my old iPhone 4 and got 3G data working without an issue.

My 900 will say LTE but there's no data. I personally think my phone is defective but I can't get the phone swapped until the official launch day.

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I moved from a Titan to the 900. I had data yesterday on my 900 but since I got up I haven't had any luck. I got through to tier 1 tech support and couldn't find anything wrong on AT&Ts side. I put my microsim into my old iPhone 4 and got 3G data working without an issue.

My 900 will say LTE but there's no data. I personally think my phone is defective but I can't get the phone swapped until the official launch day.
I think it has something to do with the way the 900 deals with LTE. Since the iPhone isn't LTE it wont have the problem. I had to hard reset the phone today to get cell data connectivity back. This seems to be some settings issue as opposed to hardware so I'm sure a firmware update would fix it......but who wants to wait for that? I can't wipe my phone every two days just for the honor of using a Nokia.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am having this problem too, hard reset doesn't fix it...Could be a back end provisioning issue. I was told this at the store. If it doesn't clear up by Monday, I will go back.

goeman

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

simple fix for me was the following:

Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve data connection issues:
1.Remove the SIM card and leave the SIM card out for the next three steps.
2.Perform a Master Reset (Settings > About).
3.Let the product boot up without a SIM card.
4.Turn off the device.
5.Verify that the SIM card is LTE enabled.
6.Insert SIM card and boot up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99