Lumia 900 No Data on 3G/4G

haleme

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
This is great! Exactly why I decided to go with Nokia over another HTC or Samsung. Having watched Nokia push out update after update for the 800's battery issues while my Titan never once received a single update for the funky radio switching, I just knew that Nokia would be a better experience. The $100 is just icing.

As far as blaming someone, I was also pointing fingers at AT&T. But, I think everyone was grasping at straws. The important thing is the issue will get resolved in a very timely manner.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
If this is related to a "batch" of phones is there a way to know if you have one? Mine is "Made in Korea" and i think i am having the data issues too. Should I exchange it in store, or wait for the "patch"?

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
If this is related to a "batch" of phones is there a way to know if you have one? Mine is "Made in Korea" and i think i am having the data issues too. Should I exchange it in store, or wait for the "patch"?

Nokia suggested doing either one. I think they also suggested installing the update whether you are seeing the symptoms or not.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Nokia suggested doing either one. I think they also suggested installing the update whether you are seeing the symptoms or not.
What exactly are the symptoms? My phone would display "LTE" but it would not go to any pages and I could not use any data. I even tried the APN settings but they did not work. I had to restart a few times for it to start working.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
...the reset won't last...you'll have to call

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

you are correct! I just let my battery drain then when it came back on 4g data didn't work. Gonna call at&t in the morning. Says 4g but I got no data. It has been a week since my last reset, I find it annoying Zune won't back up my apps so that I don't have to re-download them

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Can we start a thread collecting data on which phones were affected?

For example, I have a Cyan Nokia from "Korea"(as stated on the bottom of the case).

I have also called every store in my area and Not ONE of them has a Cyan lumia. I wonder if it's only the Cyan ones that were affected...

Also, on a side note, can you also do this exchange at a MS store?

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually, you were blaming AT&T.... along with dogfish54, for this issue.

I'll take an apology any time, as you two were very stern on trying to make me feel stupid when I said don't pin this on AT&T.
I did blame AT&T....I also blamed Nokia and Microsoft...if you read when I wrote that I'd go back to Android....I blamed pretty much everybody within the sound of my voice...I was on the verge of blaming the dog.

BUT...Nokia was the one that addressed it and opened their mouth about it...not AT&T. AT&T never even called me back on the 12th that they said they would with my worthless ticket number....but Nokia called me the next day after contacting them directly.

AT&T even sent me an email thanking me for chooing iPhone as my new phone even though I didn't buy any stinking iPhone...I bought two Lumia 900s. AT&T deserves plenty of blame for the situation partly because their CS is an absolute mess and it really is nothing new. ...The only reason I stay is because I like the SIM card approach and they have the best phones IMHO.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Can we start a thread collecting data on which phones were affected?

For example, I have a Cyan Nokia from "Korea"(as stated on the bottom of the case).

I have also called every store in my area and Not ONE of them has a Cyan lumia. I wonder if it's only the Cyan ones that were affected...

Also, on a side note, can you also do this exchange at a MS store?

i have a cyan from korea as well, i don't have this issue.

my phone is hesitant on switching to LTE but data works all the time (well, to be accurate it didn't work when i first turned my phone on, but after that reboot it hasn't had any issues with data)

samuch

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, now my data is hosed. I switched from T-Mobile (Radar) to ATT for this phone and this is how it goes. I NEVER had a data issue with my Radar.

The data randomly stopped working in the middle of the day. I called ATT after doing several reboots and the rep told me to turn it off and he'd reset the data. After turning back on it worked....for a few hours. Once it stopped again I called and asked them to do the same thing and it never came back. I was just told to wait until Monday. How's that for staying connected? I'm traveling and can't do any work from my phone which is really crippling. Sucks.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Lost data again this afternoon. Cyan Made in Korea. The APN fix worked the first time I lost data - that was this past Monday. After I lost data this afternoon I tried the other APN, then tried deleting the APNs, and then I waited a few minutes... and data is back.

Really really really looking forward to Monday. Hopefully the update will be the first and last update needed to address this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99