Music Transfer

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure this has been asked, but I promise I did look for an answer...

Is there any way to transfer music without Zune? Or, at least, just transfer over in a file or folder format? I'm coming from a N95 8GB, and I'm used to seeing a typical Windows file structure. My music is a big mess of random downloads, and Zune is just making it look worse. It would be much easier for me to drag and drop or copy and paste from within windows, not Zune, if possible. Hopefully, there is a workaround. I'm going nuts...

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
You could put them on Sky Drive, and then download to your phone. But you can only download one file at a time. Or there is an app to stream music from Sky Drive. Otherwise, you can't connect it like a usb drive.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I also came from a Nokia.

Maybe you should play with Zune a little more (just a thought). All my music was downloaded from Amazon. Zune found all of it and I just dragged it down to my phone icon in Zune and it all loaded fine. :cool:

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Yeah, I should have added that I was pretty impressed by Zune and that it found all my music and then it's just drop and drag. Although it might not have all the features of that other, unnamed software, zune is pretty good.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Another Nokia user with lots of Apple products as well.

When you get used to Zune, i think it's pretty nice software. Even use it as my music player on my PC at times, rather than winamp!

That i will say that i find Zune better than iTunes, but would not mind if Microsoft introduced drag and drop on Apollo.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I played with Zune some more last night. The problem I had was that when I first installed Zune, I let it do an initial default search, and it pulled in all kinds of crap I have in my PC. Not just music, but movie sound tracks, collections of ringtones, spanish lessons--just everything. And the way everything was showing up in Zune was a mess, given the somewhat random file names.

Anyway, I ended up uninstalling Zune, and reinstalling it to point only to a specific folder that I will fill with only what I want to go into the phone, and then transfer it from there. I tried to get it to manage folders separately through the settings, but it would not update the files, even though I removed the folders from Zune. Maybe I'm missing some other management option?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember how i have set Zune up, but i have always simply had one folder where all of my music are, same folder my iTunes syncs the music files.

All of the music on that folder are on my collection on Zune. From collection i simply drag all of the files over the phone icon on left corner and that's that.

You can example drag the files you want to your collection first on your computer.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't remember how i have set Zune up, but i have always simply had one folder where all of my music are, same folder my iTunes syncs the music files.

All of the music on that folder are on my collection on Zune. From collection i simply drag all of the files over the phone icon on left corner and that's that.

You can example drag the files you want to your collection first on your computer.
I guess I've arrived at the same solution you have. Just a bit shocking, at first, to see all that stuff in a big disorganized pile in the the Zune window. So much for the default hard drive search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith