(Official) Lumia 900 bugs list

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Just an update to the data connection issue for me. I turned off my phone last night. After turning it on this morning by plugging it into a power source I no longer have data.

I am in an AT&T LTE area. Have a feeling that 4G would work fine. Dont know if I should replace my device at this point but not having reliable data is a big issue for me as it affects the ability to due my job.

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
My wifi connection is slow for some reason, I checked on my computer (speedtest.net/dslreports.org) and both came up with a 20 down and 2.10 down. On my phone I only get around 11-13 down and 1 up? It is strange, I don't like it. Also, this has happened to me twice, but when I wake up my phone it has like a TV on type of shake of the screen. The old TV with bunny ears, how it would have the white line and turn on... Well it did that with my phone. Kinda freaked me out.

kltye

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I had my data go out twice at exactly the same time each day (hard reset fixed it the first time; didn't want to do that again today). I talked to a rep in the store and they were immediately aware of the problem - it's the SIM card. They apparently received a new batch of SIMs over the weekend to fix the problem. They provisioned me with a new SIM, but it took almost a half hour for it to start working again.

An interesting trick I learnt from them is to push the volume up, power, and camera button while the phone is on, and hold it until it reboots. Apparently it "resets the network", but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt for now. (As an interesting note, I did that one last time after my new SIM was provisioned and then data worked after that, but I chalk that up to coincidence, because they did that a million times at the store)

The rep had a 900 with working data; he swapped out his SIM and mine and my phone came to life immediately. Goes to show it's the SIM.

Sridhar V

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
An interesting trick I learnt from them is to push the volume up, power, and camera button while the phone is on, and hold it until it reboots. Apparently it "resets the network", but I'm going to take it with a grain of salt for now. (As an interesting note, I did that one last time after my new SIM was provisioned and then data worked after that, but I chalk that up to coincidence, because they did that a million times at the store)

Okay that worked for me...it was not a new sim..just the old sim that came in with the phone on Friday.

for all who who want to know....it does not reset your phone..

i guess doing this everytime would suck...

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here if not worse. My wifes Lumia cannot send or receive MMS, only after several reboots (not hard resets), while my Lumia has not problems so far. Any solutions for this one yet?

MCheiron

i had that issue on my HTC Titan, it lasted about 2 weeks then apparently ATT did something and it started working

Haklong

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the data connection issue also. Weirdest thing is, if I have the 900 connected to my PC via USB with Zune open the LTE connection works. If I disconnect, it no longer works. Can someone else try this to see if they can replicate it?

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The auto brightness takes a few seconds to decide if it needs to lighten the screen...gets annoying waiting. Camera is a little blurry at times. Found out LTE is just outside my area so I only get HSPA+.

sayamachiharu

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
My phone prompts in the middle of Angry Birds for voice input. It thinks I'm wanting to speak. It stays up for about 10 seconds and then goes away. This happens about every 2 or 3 minutes. Very odd. I'm going to try deleting the game and reinstalling.

Another very specific problem that will not be commonplace was that my son hit Spanish when I first got the phone. I changed it to English, but the keyboard was still Spanish and the auto correct was also Spanish at random times. Resetting the phone corrected it. Not a big deal.
Same experience for me. Not only voice prompt, but multitasking and bing too. Phone freezes after it activates whatever on its own and I have to wait a few seconds to get back to what I was doing.

I think it's an electrical problem with the keys below. Went to a store and they reboot the phone for me (rep held down the back key for like a minute and it reboot). Now seems to work fine and does not act up too much, but still acts up occassionally. Thinking to get the unit replaced or if it is a software problem with all Lumia 900s. Aside from that, capacitive keys seem to bleed into the screen when the screen is off.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
"Blue? You're Screwed?"

I have been seeing the loss of data connectivity issues as well. It seems to happen most often after powering off/on the device.

I have a grandfathered unlimited plan, and during the troubleshooting process, they felt that they had to switch me to the $40 unlimited LTE plan. I of course stated that this was unacceptable, and they have assured me that it will be changed after the new provisional package has been created. I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, they are crediting my account the difference ($10).

I have spent way too much time in the store and on the phone with them since Friday, so they credited my account an additional $150.

One thing that I have noticed, is that none of the AT&T reps with the Black 900 have seen problems with their data, but the two that I am aware of with the Cyan have been having problems. Keep in mind, that AT&T employees have data packages that are provisioned differently, so I wouldn't consider them to be a representative sample in the troubleshooting process, but maybe there something to the color (model) difference.

I am using the Cyan version.

Which color are you all having trouble with?

Consider editing previous posts instead of adding them all here.

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Only 2 issues I've noticed so far.

1. Touch accuracy
2. Cam button doesn't wake up the phone from sleep sometimes, even tho I have the setting on

No other issues yet

EDIT: I forgot to mention another issue. When waking up the phone sometimes the screen has this slight delay to display the lock screen. Kinda looks like it blacks out for a split second

Last edited:

kltye

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the data connection issue also. Weirdest thing is, if I have the 900 connected to my PC via USB with Zune open the LTE connection works. If I disconnect, it no longer works. Can someone else try this to see if they can replicate it?
That's because it's using the USB-passthrough to get Internet via your PC.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am pissed now...I just came back from the AT&T store and they couldn't fix the phone and they tried a new sim card. They don't carry the Lumia 900 in Cyan so they told me to call there warranty people nearby. I called them and they said they don't carry the Lumia 900 either. AT&T you are terrible. Basically my phone is not functional without data. I now have to call tech support and go through the same troubleshooting again for them to mail me out a replacement phone...in the mean time I will have no phone data for 2 days! :mad:

raruhs

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Updating:
Just called and I will be getting a new phone in 24 to 48 hrs. Hope it works Ok.
I just finished a call with AT&T tech support and as tweetwp7 said, they have tried all and nothing. No data. She told me that I will need to get a replacement, but she couldn't do it right away as my account is premier and have to go to the premier center. She called and they are updating something on their system and I need to call in 2 hrs... to be honest I am quite disappointed with nokia. I was used to a good phones and I was expecting that they have already test this. I cannot believe that the AT&T guys have not test any phone at all before putting it on the market.

This issue is spread thru several phones, as we have been reading here and other sites. I hope to get a replacement and get it working right.

Let' see what happens....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6