My at&t store dosen't have lumia 900s!!!

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay, first excuse my anger. If AT&T would have just carried them, there would be no reason to post this.

Let's start by saying I'm placing a big order, 2 Nokia Lumia 900 Blue and 1 Nokia Luma 900 Black. No commitment, that means $450 per phone.

I call AT&T to confirm that they have some left. The manager answers telling me that they will never carry a Windows Phone because they are slow and they have had "PROBLEMS" with them. WTF??? They carry EVERY Android phone by the way!!!

They don't have ANYTHING. SO I WONDERED, DOES ANYBODY ELSE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING???

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay, first excuse my anger. If AT&T would have just carried them, there would be no reason to post this.

Let's start by saying I'm placing a big order, 2 Nokia Lumia 900 Blue and 1 Nokia Luma 900 Black. No commitment, that means $450 per phone.

I call AT&T to confirm that they have some left. The manager answers telling me that they will never carry a Windows Phone because they are slow and they have had "PROBLEMS" with them. WTF??? They carry EVERY Android phone by the way!!!

They don't have ANYTHING. SO I WONDERED, DOES ANYBODY ELSE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING???

Are you sure you went to an AT&T corporate store?

cwmont13

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Are they a "corporate " store? If so they should have them in stock. I would call customer service and report them. if you have a best buy or walmart try them.

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Are they a "corporate " store? If so they should have them in stock. I would call customer service and report them. if you have a best buy or walmart try them.
Yes. They are. It shows right on the map and I've had to go in there before. I was so confused, they don't plan to offer any they said. Which is very strange. I might call WalMart.

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. They won't answer my calls anymore so yeah. I called AT&T directly and they gave me a $25 credit, but I'm still very angry because I want my new Lumia TODAY!!! I called Walmart, and they are on break. The phone number for the store is 989-269-7148. Maybe if we all call them they will understand that they NEED THESE IN STOCK.

DocSc00teR

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
AT&T lists them as an "Authorized Retailer," which means it's a franchise selling AT&T rather than a corporate owned/run store.

I have to drive past three "Authorized Retailers" on my way to the nearest corporate store. The staff in those three retailers are actually a LOT more friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful than the lackluster staff at the corporate store. But the authorized retailers just don't have access to the same products or deals.

It sounds like your local franchise is pretty misinformed and mismanaged.

Unless I'm misreading the info from AT&T, it sounds like the nearest corporate store is over 50 miles away in Saginaw. :(

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
They must have got in trouble because they answered the call and I asked the same question and they said that they are getting them the 16th.

wasonamit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That is ridiculous....They are definitely not a corporate store.

I would try calling Amazon.com and ask the price match Non-Committment price to ATT and then you will also save on Taxes.

Ask them to upgrade you to NEXT DAY SHIPPING

cwmont13

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Manager is an idiot!

Honestly sometimes I wonder how some stores stay in business . I've worked retail for many years . The correct response from the manager should have been " I'm sorry I don't have that item in stock, would you like me to special order those for you? Since you are buying three devices I will gladly pay for overnight shipping on those . "

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Dont be fooled by ATT corporate and authorized reseller stores.

They both have huge ATT signs on their storres, but the authorized has the "Authorized Reseller" label in smaller print under.

Doesn't sound like a corporate store.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Honestly sometimes I wonder how some stores stay in business . I've worked retail for many years . The correct response from the manager should have been " I'm sorry I don't have that item in stock, would you like me to special order those for you? Since you are buying three devices I will gladly pay for overnight shipping on those . "

haha..you are absolutely correct. That is why so many businesses fail, they simply don't get it.

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
haha..you are absolutely correct. That is why so many businesses fail, they simply don't get it.
I just went to an Authorized dealer and they didn't have one either, said he should have some by the end of the week. I went another mile to a corporate store where they had plenty, and had all the signs up.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I've never been to a real store then I guess.

I know a little about the are you live in. The closest corp store is in Saginaw followed by Flint and Grand Blanc. If you don't want to make the drive the others made some pretty good suggestions (Best Buy, Walmart, and Amazon).

Good Luck!

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I decided the drive was just too long and I ordered off Amazon (yes I paid an extra $50) and when I asked to match the AT&T price they said that they are only allowed to match on-contract pricing. No big deal, I got out of paying sales tax so I'm happy.

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the Southbay area in LA and the AT&T Corporate Store close to me sold out and claims that all the Southbay area corporate stores are too. They also said they only received about 10 Lumia 900s so I can see why it is sold out.

I'm suppose to get a call from the manager when the next shipment arrives so I can exchange my phone since my Camera button is sort of messed up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers