How can you tell if connected to LTE???

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
As we all know LTE isn't everywhere. I am in the Los Angeles area where there is LTE. I am wondering how can you tell if you are connected to LTE or not? When I swipe down it just always says 4G but my Titan did that too and that is HSPA+.

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
It will say LTE instead of 4G. If you're supposed to be in an area with LTE, call AT&T and make sure you have LTE enabled for your plan.

Lmuggs-

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I didn't think I was provisioned correctly when I initially didnt see LTE. I live in an area that is supposed to have it so I called AT&T to confirm I was on the LTE plan and I was. Drove a little closer to town and LTE displayed on the top left. Prior to that I was just showing 4G. Speeds are phenomenal on LTE.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
All "4G" is an article of faith, as was 3G. There were bills in Congress last year to force carriers to tell the truth about so-called 4G, but I believe they died or are dying in committee. Of course, the industry lobbied how it would hinder innovation (read profits). Bing for Rep. Eshoo for the HB; I don't recall who sponsored the senate one. Review also all the asterisks and footnotes in LTE and other 4G claims/ads: Legal departments insist on those. :dry

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
See screenshot...I am by Burbank
4Gmap-losangeles.png

chrise2

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Sucks. In NYC I got as high as 20 Mbit down / 5 Mbit up. Of course that's at work. I live 65 miles away. 50 miles too far for LTE :(

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting around 5-6mbs on 3 bars though which is faster then my Titan.

Accordiing to the BandWidth app available in the marketplace I'm getting 11.31 Mbps as I type, with 3G, and the nearest advertised-as-LTE-towns are > 200 mi. away in Chicago and Bloomington, IN.

AllPhoneNews

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This is outrageous to me since most of the people who work in Los Angeles live in the San Fernando valley that doesn't have LTE coverage...why have an LTE phone then? I never go into LA.

teoami

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
On LTE all day in and around Houston, Tx. It does indeed indicate "LTE" next to the signal bars. I am so glad I went with the 900 as my old HTC Surround had difficulty getting 2 bars on 3G inside my house.

Now I get consistent speeds around 20Mbps down wherever I go.

ganks

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My 3G phone is plenty fast already; I wouldn't trade in my Focus just to get a feed in 1.7 instead of 2.6 seconds. ;)

That's what I thought until I got my 900. The 900 smokes my Focus. Maps load faster, you can stream music over any of the streaming apps or Zune pass without buffering and Youtube videos load fast. It's a totally different experience and honestly my favorite feature upgrading from my Focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs