No graphic equalizer on the 900!!! I need bass

poloboy03

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently rocking my Radar until my 900 comes in tomorrow. But I've been hearing that the music playback quality is not that great to my dismay..:mad: Has anyone found this true? On my HD7 and my Radar I set my Sound Enhancer to Bass Boost. None of the Lumia devices have a EQ setting but HTC and Samsung devices have some form of a graphic equalizer.

• Can you compare the sound quality?
  • Is there a app for this?
  • Is Nokia planning an update?
  • Has anyone heard of a hack or ROM that has a EQ of sorts?

diod123

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently rocking my Radar until my 900 comes in tomorrow. But I've been hearing that the music playback quality is not that great to my dismay..:mad: Has anyone found this true? On my HD7 and my Radar I set my Sound Enhancer to Bass Boost. None of the Lumia devices have a EQ setting but HTC and Samsung devices have some form of a graphic equalizer.

While I would like an EQ, the stock sound quality is actually very good, which was a concern of mine coming into this. It is better than my Zune HD player, which surprised me. Obviously if you like the bass very high, that won't be an option at this point.

I did order the purity nokia/monster in-ear headphones, which arrived today. There is quite a bit of bass on those. In addition you can control the music and calls (with mic). Highly recommended.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm coming from a Nokia N95 8GB that had Bass Boost. I was bummed that the 900 didn't have any sort of an equalizer, but now I think the 900 sounds better than the N95. That being said, I think a lot will depend on your headset/ear buds, and whether they have adequate dynamic range (not that I'm any sort of an audiophile).

poloboy03

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I plan to order the purity in-ears myself next week. I take the subway to work daily and I use the AUX jack in my car the play music as well so we will see. I watched this review today on youtube and I got totally bummed

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
You don't need more bass. It'll make it sound like crap. But on a more problematic note, most (all?) Android phones with LTE have had a pronounced hiss in the background due to the LTE radio. I assume it'll be the same on the Lumia, but I haven't heard one way or another.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i use my lumia with my cars built in bluetooth to stream zune and it sounds good i get nice base and everything blends well for me. i beats by dre solo hd headphones work great and sound good with the lumia i don't think you need eq to make it sound good and i have had the radar, and surround, and galaxy nexus and in my car none of them come close to this.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
You don't need more bass. It'll make it sound like crap. But on a more problematic note, most (all?) Android phones with LTE have had a pronounced hiss in the background due to the LTE radio. I assume it'll be the same on the Lumia, but I haven't heard one way or another.

I find that there's less hiss than my Dell Venue Pro, but more than any of my webOS devices.

poloboy03

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

mihesq

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
This is what I miss most from my HD7. The sound enhancer settings were great for bringing the best sound out of your music, games and movies.

How is it possible that this day in age that this is not a basic feature for all devices that play music or videos.

If HTC could implement it onto their phones then why can't Samsung or Nokia?

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
One thing i miss from my htc one x is the sound, it was definitely better. Having said that the 900 has decent sound, and with a good pair of headphones it's acceptable. (And I like electronica so heavy bass is often a must for me too!!).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99