Ordered phone today at AT&T store - will I get it with latest updated software?

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered the phone at the AT&T store today since they had none is stock. The sales rep said it will take between 3-5 business days for the phone to come in.

Just wondering if it will come with the updated software with the data bug fix? Or will we have to do the update OTA ourselves?

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
So when software upgrades are released, how do you upgrade your phone? OTA or by plugging it to a computer and using Zune desktop? I come from an iPhone background, so I am not familiar with WP7.

0mie

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You'll have to plug your phone into the computer to apply download the update. Once the update is available for download you'll get a notification on the phone telling you there is an update.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ddaniel87

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
You'll have to plug your phone into the computer to apply download the update. Once the update is available for download you'll get a notification on the phone telling you there is an update.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
I got my phone on Friday after preordering. By Saturday the data started dropping and then it wouldnt do anything. Did a full reset and it started dropping again on Monday. Tuesday I spent hours on the phone with AT&T and they sent me to store for a new SIM. ATT store put the SIM in and it still didnt work. So, they gave me a brand new phone. When I got home Tuesday I saw the story break about getting 100 back and that you could have yours replaced now if you wanted. I thought to myself, so glad I went to store and already have a new one. Wednesday morning I woke up...........And the new phone has no data and cant send MMS.

So NO, the new phones probably dont have the new software, atleast mine didnt that i got yesterday.

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
They are probably delaying the next batch coming out until the software update is released considering most stores are out of stock. I'm waiting for my local corp store to get them back in stock so I can exchange mine with one that has a better camera button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss