Why is the browser brightness so low?

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have my phones system brightness set to high, but when I open up IE9 it lowers the brightness of the display it seems. When I press the bottom menu to bring up the black screen with information of things I can do in the browser like access Settings and Bookmarks, it lights up the screen of the webpage I'm browsing. When I close the pop up menu, it seems the screen dims.

Anyone else experiencing this?

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The color white looks terrible on this phone.. is it just mine??

I just got the Lumia 900 and I noticed that the color white (such as when browsing a website with a white background) looks almost like a grey and very washed out. The metro tiles don't look bad, the white on those look good. When I open the web browser the entire page looks dull, and the brightness seems lower than the rest of the phone. Whites dont pop like they do on the rest of the phone. Why is the browser so dim looking? Is anyone else having an issue with this, or is this how the phone is supposed to be? Everything looks do... dark, compared to the rest of the phone

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I asked this question over a week ago & never got an answer. Now I know that that's just the way it behaves. And you can't turn it brighter either in any settings like you can with some phones.

mihesq

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Compared to my focus s, my lumia has a very bright white in the browser. Are your automatic brightness settings on or off?

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have auto brightness off, brightness set to high, and power saver off. When you press the menu in IE9 do you notice that whatever is on the page behind the menu pop up now looks more vibrant? I'm wondering if all phones are like this, or maybe I have a lemon

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I strongly believe this is from both the AMOLED display and clear black glass.

Its not because the whites are fine in other areas of the OS, inside apps, etc. They've purposely turned it down inside the browser without giving the user any settings to disable it.

Like I said earlier, some windows phones do this but have a toggle in the settings (thats separate from the regular brightness setting) that lets you turn it off. Nokia didn't provide that setting it would seem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6