Just received the update

infrb

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
My update was smooth and the battery performance seems better. We'll see how the phone lasts on this latest full charge.

ChrisLynch

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
My update still didn't solve my mms txting, data and visual voicemail issues. None of these work. Got on phone with at&t tech support. They couldn't resolve it, gave me a Nokia phone number, they were closed. I'm getting ready to smash the phone with a hammer on my garage. I got 4g icon, 3 bars, nothing works except for txt and regular phone calls. WiFi is off, so I have no idea what is going on with this 900!

I had similar issues as you. Performing a Phone Reset from the Settings -> About screen will not fix it. You should perform a hard reset per the Instruction Manual of the phone. It involves powering off your phone, and holding down the Volume Down, Power and Camera Buttons until it vibrates, then release the power button. That will perform a true hardware reset. Once I did that after my account had the correct LTE plan, my data issues were fixed. Just keep in mind that you will lose your data, and will have to re-install all of the apps. I would suggest using the Web Marketplace to re-install your apps, so you don't have to search for them on your phone.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Came home, saw the post that there was an update from Nokia on the blog... connected my device to Zune and boom.. there it was. Flashed it.. got my Wife's phone updated as well. Crossing my fingers rebooted my phone Aaaaaannnnndddd... The Data was WORKING.

Thanks NOKIA for the quick turnaround and the $100 credit. Best DEAL evaa :p

ChrisLynch

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Man, this update couldn't be more timely! My 900 now tracks my finger correctly, just like my Focus S! Also, I have never had any WiFi issues with my phone. I have used WiFi numerous times since Monday, due to the data connectivity issues (I have a Verizon MiFi device, and a Enterprise-class Access Point at home.) Can someone explain what WiFi issues they have been experiencing?

ChrisLynch

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
BTW, those reporting the press-and-hold the Camera button quick-shot feature isn't working, make sure you have ?Prevent accidental?? turned off (Settings -> flick to Applications -> Pictures+Camera.) If you enabled it, you will need to wake the phone first (press the power button) then press-and-hold the Camera button. I did this once with my original Focus, and wondered what was going on. I remembered I had enabled that feature, didn't like the behavior, and disabled it.

drjekel_mrhyde

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
BTW, those reporting the press-and-hold the Camera button quick-shot feature isn't working, make sure you have ?Prevent accidental?? turned off (Settings -> flick to Applications -> Pictures+Camera.) If you enabled it, you will need to wake the phone first (press the power button) then press-and-hold the Camera button. I did this once with my original Focus, and wondered what was going on. I remembered I had enabled that feature, didn't like the behavior, and disabled it.
That still don't work you have to reboot the phone after the update for it to work

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Something went very wrong with my update. After about 10 mins it went into a boot loop and I had to hard reset it. Now there is no data and the phone gets stuck on the art logo if I power cycle. This phone was perfect before. :(

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I am currently updating my phone as I type this and a thought occurred. Did Nokia get around having to wait for ATT to get this update out? Normally the updates are OTA and I have never had to use Zune for it. Is this a sign that Nokia will be able to get us the goods we need faster and not have to deal with ATT's politics???

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Not OS update. Just fixes data connection issue and hopefully improving battery life.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

true, I don't understand why people are reporting smoother operation on keyboard and scrolling. The only issue that was addressed was a data connectivity issue.

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
^ Are the bug fixes mentioned officially what Nokia said is addressed or is this article just going based on what the community has been noticing?

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
That changelog looks like heresay, not official from Nokia. I wouldn't trust it 100%. Remember, that MAIN cause of this update is the data issue, so as long as that's done, to me, anything else is a bonus at this time. I mean, seriously, they got the update out ahead of schedule. Normally, this kind of response DOESN'T HAPPEN.

I think we need to relax and take what we can get at the moment.

drusand810

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone's been acting wonky since the update. It's TOO responsive and the buttons are super, super sensitive.

I'm watching netflix with it sitting on my desk right now and it keeps going to the bing screen every few minutes if I go anywhere near it. Now when I touch the home key, it goes to the voice activation rather than the home screen. I can't touch it lightly enough to go to the home screen.

Everything was perfect before the update, I don't understand what's going on.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
The phone is definitely zippier..not sure if it is due to the reboot. We shall see..I like this update so far. One new issue I found..earlier I could launch the camera from screen OFF position, now I cannot.

I'm having the same issue. Before the update, I could launch the camera with the screen off, but now after the update no matter how long I hold the button or mess around with the settings, it won't launch the camera with the screen off. I have to turn on the screen, then hold down the camera button to launch the camera.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Before the update, I could launch the camera with the screen off, but now after the update no matter how long I hold the button or mess around with the settings, it won't launch the camera with the screen off. I have to turn on the screen, then hold down the camera button to launch the camera.

Try this hold the camera button make sure you feel the second click (2 stage button) then count 3 seconds. Hold the camera button again in about 4 seconds it will open that is what mine is doing.

mihesq

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Can't even get the update to work. Zune gives me an error code. C00D070A

The last thing I wan't to do is factory reset and have to put everything back on my phone right after I spent a week slowly getting everything on my phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb