Tango over 3g/4g/LTE

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
FYI, if you use the version of Tango that comes pre-installed on the phone, you can only Tango for video calls over wi-fi.

To make video calls over 3g/4g/LTE, uninstall it and then install the non-Nokia version from the market.

Viola!

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
FYI, if you use the version of Tango that comes pre-installed on the phone, you can only Tango for video calls over wi-fi.

To make video calls over 3g/4g/LTE, uninstall it and then install the non-Nokia version from the market.

Viola!
Yup, found out other day. Thanks for sharing you beat me to it. :)

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Ya first thing I did was uninstall all the default apps and install them via nokia collection

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup, uninstalled most AT&T apps and unpinned the rest.

It's sad how AT&T will stop at nothing to over-charge and under-deliver for services. Data throttling, discontinuing unlimited data, not wanting you to be able to make video calls except over wifi, and of course, those ridiculously expensive monthly plans.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the first things i did. I uninstalled all of At&t apps even the myaccount since the myaccount one that comes doesn't work, redownload it then it works.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Yup, uninstalled most AT&T apps and unpinned the rest.

It's sad how AT&T will stop at nothing to over-charge and under-deliver for services. Data throttling, discontinuing unlimited data, not wanting you to be able to make video calls except over wifi, and of course, those ridiculously expensive monthly plans.

If you had an unlimited data plan going into the Lumia youshould have been able to keep it. And the data throotling on unlimited only kicks in after 5gb there was a lawsuit over that and ATT announced their new polcy and plans a couple of weeks ago. AS far as expensive I have a family plan with 2 iphones a galaxy skyrocket unlimited text messaging and my focus and its 230.00 a month for the four of us. Hoewa that expensive? Sounds really reasonable for 4 smartphones! I am sorry if you have issues with ATT in the past or pr esent but that does not mean everyone else does.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
If you had an unlimited data plan going into the Lumia youshould have been able to keep it. And the data throotling on unlimited only kicks in after 5gb there was a lawsuit over that and ATT announced their new polcy and plans a couple of weeks ago. AS far as expensive I have a family plan with 2 iphones a galaxy skyrocket unlimited text messaging and my focus and its 230.00 a month for the four of us. Hoewa that expensive? Sounds really reasonable for 4 smartphones! I am sorry if you have issues with ATT in the past or pr esent but that does not mean everyone else does.

I'm glad you're ok paying what you do to AT&T, and I'm sorry if my problem with AT&T's hustle offends you. However, their individual plans are priced ridiculously high. You only have unlimited data because of a grandfather plan, they don't offer that anymore. Unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data (at HSPA+ speeds) can be had at $45-$60/month on MVNOs. That'll cost you about $120/month on AT&T. If you don't believe me, do a simple Google search.

Teamteal

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
new to all this, but i noticed that if come one calls me on tango over wifi, it doesnt wake the phone....... or am i doing something wrong?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the first things i did. I uninstalled all of At&t apps even the myaccount since the myaccount one that comes doesn't work, redownload it then it works.
The myAT&T app worked fine for me out of the box. Same app. XAP gets loaded when you boot the phone the first time.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Has that been disabled for any one else? I uninstalled and reinstalled from the Nokia collection and still get the same message.
You have to install Tango from the general Marketplace. Not the one with Nokia as publisher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte