To Exchange or Not to Exchange

iLumia

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
That is the question!

I'm wondering if there is any benefit to exchanging the phone even though I've been able to update mine with the patch. Is there any difference in the software on the phones now being sold or exchanged. Is there any benefit to have the rewritten native software over the patched software? Is one more efficient than the other or are they basically the same?

Thoughts?

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The patch was for the data problems. It's unlikely those phones that were already shipped have the patch. You're better off keeping what you have. Nokia has been good about patching issues that arise with this series of Lumia phones.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The phones are exactly the same. They are using the same patch file to update the new phones as we are when we patch our existing devices. If you keep your current device you know exactly what you have no surprises there. Plus we have the OG's the launch day devices. I know at some point I will have to exchange my Lumia that is just how it goes but I am going to hang on to my device as long as I can just because it is the OG got it on Friday before launch. How many of us can say that?

invisibleman777

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I went into AT&T store friday and ask for exchange. They turned me down, they said my lumia was bought at Microsoft store. So, they won't exchange it. I took the print out of the Nokia official update to them and clearly said "You can exchange your current Lumia 900 to a newer updated lumia at ANY AT&T stores". They stilll not willing to exchange it. What should I do?

ggabriele3

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I went into AT&T store friday and ask for exchange. They turned me down, they said my lumia was bought at Microsoft store. So, they won't exchange it. I took the print out of the Nokia official update to them and clearly said "You can exchange your current Lumia 900 to a newer updated lumia at ANY AT&T stores". They stilll not willing to exchange it. What should I do?

I haven't exchanged mine yet, but I got the same resistance at an ATT store. They were adamant that they weren't doing exchanges.

Luckily, there was a windows phone representative there that day, and she confirmed that they WOULD be doing exchanges. just be persistent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss