Nokia Drive vs Navigon

dnasmyth

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to switch from my titan to Nokia 900. On the Titan I use Navigon, should I switch to Nokia Drive for the 900?

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes you should. It's free. if you can just upload Navigon on to your phone then use that (since you spend 50$ for it).
Navigon will have more features, Nokia Drive will be a simplistic was of getting from one place to the next.

Keep Nokia Maps for sure though.

aaronchow

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, the Navigon is definitely better especially when it offers active lane assistant and speed camera warning. I think the Nokia Drive is very basic when compared to the Navigon, but it is free

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I will just say I started out using Nokia Drive after a week I deleted it and went back to Navigon. Mostly for the traffic updates and red light camera warnings two things Navigon has that Nokia Drive does not.

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
I you're going to spend money, don't forget Garmin StreetPilot in the Marketplace for $29.99. I purchased it and it works and looks just like my standalone Garmin GPS unit.

Very slick software!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I used Navigon this weekend and it worked out wonderfully (as it usually does). It has an easy to follow layout and is fairly accurate. I'd recommend giving Nokia Drive a chance but if it's not your cup of tea then switch back to Navigon since you've already paid for it.

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Navigon bothered me with all the stupid icons on the road for retail and fast food. Maybe I missed an option to remove that. The tragic integration in navigon is good. Nokia drive has very poor ETA. I always get somewhere about 30min before it says I would have when I first left. Nokia drive is good for a light weight GPS and it worked great when I was in Kuwait. Navigon feels like a more full featured GPS.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i am going to say go with navigon its way better than nokia drive for one nokia drive does not announce turn on willie street it just says turn left in in 500 ft it doesn't have lane assist i guess this is what you get when something is free. the one thing i did like was when i was approaching downtown dallas all of the building shows up on the screen in 3d for nokia drive i have yet to see my navigon or garmin i have them all do this one vote but overall you would not be happy its good only due to it being free if you paid for it you would be going off just my thoughts.

dnasmyth

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all. Going to give the Titan to my son and he can use the HTC location software. Will probably keep Navigon although I wish you could just click on an address and get the option to use Navigon instead of Bing. Thought Drive might offer that.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone do a comparison is features between the three?

Navigon vs. Garmin Street Pilot vs. Nokia Drive

Garmin owns Navigon, yet, Navigon is $20 more. My question is... why the difference in price?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Anyone do a comparison is features between the three?

Navigon vs. Garmin Street Pilot vs. Nokia Drive

Garmin owns Navigon, yet, Navigon is $20 more. My question is... why the difference in price?

A few differences I've read about: Navigon has offline maps. Garmin StreetPilot integrates better into the places menu (ie, you can do "Route to here" in the apps section when you find a place using Bing), and Nokia Drive has offline maps but is a very simple program.

It needs a lot of work to catch up to Garmin (well, the trial of Garmin), but if it's free, it's for me. ;)

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
2 things:

* It doesn't allow me to name manually entered destinations
* it doesn't explicitly name the street I'm turning onto.

Hopefully Nokia address these.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You get what you pay for. For being free and the ability to download maps, Nokia Drive is pretty good. Navigon is excellent and is more fully featured, but it does cost $50. If having GPS capability is REALLY that important to you, go w/ Navigon. If you'll only casually use it, Nokia Drive is good.

For what it's worth (and for some interesting info), Navigon (like Garmin) utilizes maps from Navteq, which incidentally is owned by Nokia.

tool6996

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone use or can compare AT&T Navigator to these 3 apps? I have a 30 day trial but I haven't started it yet since my vacation is more than 30 days out and I was hoping to utilize it for the trip. Just curious what I am to expect compared to Nokia Drive. Thanks

pgoth

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Drive is dead simple - the inability to name the exit is a bit of a pain and requires glancing at the unit more often.

I compared it to my Garmin nuvi and the nuvi is more intuitive but Drive actually provided a better route in one case!

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Navigon has one thing over Drive, it adds traffic density into the routing. Since I commute 30 miles each way it has saved by butt many times by keeping me off the Tollway/Highway and has found some great short cuts.

I have been playing with Drive and it's routing is good, maps are clear, etc. Just wish it had traffic integration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss